TruckersMP report creation UTC date selector, possible bug when the UTC date is the next day

T3trahydr0

Topic Title: can't select tomorrows date in for correct UTC time/date entry
TruckersMP ID:  https://truckersmp.com/user/1781550
URLhttps://truckersmp.com/reports/create
Server Time / Date
How to reproduce: Login > My Account > Reports > New Report  - When did it happen, Please only provide date and time in UTC    on calendar popup for entering UTC time and date, I can not select tomorrows date to input the correct UTC time.  My time zone is UTC -8, so if I  file a report in the evening in Los Angeles CA, USA,   the correct UTC time would be tomorrow morning and the calendar does not allow me to select the date after my local/system date.

Browser:  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36

Screenshots

I have filed two reports in the past week, both times I have filed them in the evening here in  Los Angeles CA, USA.  

In the report creator screen it asks for the time&date  in UTC

If my local time is 10:19PM on Dec. 6,  2017  the correct UTC time would be 6:19AM on Dec. 7, 2017.  But the calendar will not allow me to select Dec 7.  I think it will allow me to select the next day only when my local/system time is that date.

When creating a report I can not select the next day in the calendar, so when I file the report and it converts the time it seems to be a day off the actual date of the incident.  IN the report description I did put the correct date, but in the automated system there seems to be a bug when the correct UTC date is tomorrow because of the 8 hour difference..

TruckersMP UTC date selector bug.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This still needs a fix.

A possible workaround is to set your system date ahead one day and file the report. To make this work I had to restart my browser (Chrome). Refreshing did not work. Not sure if the server will accept the report though, I only tested if you could set the correct UTC time this way and then cancelled the report, as I had nothing to report. :)

Of course, you could also wait till 00:00 local time before posting a report.

• 2 months later...