Friends on map

mmutze

Suggestion Name:  Displaying friends on the map

Suggestion Description: Displaying the location of friends on the in game map

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: It would make it easier to navigate together with steam friends to, for instance, look what exit on an intersection you have to take to go towards the location of your friend. The green dot for steam friends on the navigation is awesome. Would be nice to be able to display them on the normal map as well. 

• Upvote 8

It works on world map as well, but only if you zoom in very closely to your location.

Global tracking of friends (or just any user playing on our servers) can be done on ets2map.com, but the suggested feature is still good to have for a quick access.

• Upvote 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

The idea is great, but useless at the same time. Because for this to work you would need to be on the same server, same time. Even then you could just ask a friend where he is because you can see on steam when your friends are playing this game. And last but not least I highly doubt it would be possible to implement in the game.

• True Story 1

-1 there really isn’t any need, all that is required is to ask your online friends if they are playing and if so, where they are and on which server. What would be useful in a way is to have those shown as friends to show up as a different coloured marker and name tag, just for easier identification, but to live track them etc, it’s not as easy as it seems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the present feature with steam is good. there is no point in adding this feature. If you know your friend is playing you can message him and ask his location and quick travel through garage.Its just simple not hard. I think this suggestion is not gonna happened any time soon. presently you can see any member or friend around you until 650 meters only.presently only Game mods can track complete map.:)

• True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png

I think the current function with steam is good. This feature was not added. If you know your friend is you can message him play, ask him where he is and go through the garage quickly. It's just easy. I do not think this proposal will happen any time soon. Now you can see any member or friend around you until it's only 650 meters. Currently only the game plug-in can track the completion of the map.

To do a sacred thing, one must work hard, and I know some rules.

• 1 year later...

This idea sort of already exists, where as you add a friend on Steam and they will come up a different color to all other players on the F5 map

:tmp: Love greetings Mo1993

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

• 4 weeks later...

I believe  that this idea had been use in game and you can see your friend with a Green Point. 

And I think if you are in France and your friend is in Beyond The Sea, you will find him very difficult. And you can use Steam to ask your friend where is he/she.

So i think this command will not be accept.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...