Extend the render for DevCam

ZakYeen

Suggestion Name: Extend the render for DevCam

Suggestion Description: Make it possible for people to render players outside the 500m proximity of their truck

Why should it be added?: Now, I could be completely wrong here, but do GA's have the ability to use the goto [City] command and load in players, regardless of their proximity from their truck? I feel everyone should have the ability to use this command. This would make the jobs of many different people a lot easier with this.

For example:

I work with a media group (Virtual Videography)  and we do a lot of convoy videography. We however find that we constantly have to keep moving to keep up with the convoy and as a result, loose vaulable shots. With this improvement to the '0' camera, we would be able to stay in a city and track the entire convoy with the DevCam!

This could also be used for locating players that are in different cities too! =]

Thanks for reading this! Hope you take it into consideration =]

• Upvote 6

Perhaps if it's possible, to be able to request special permissions for such a feature during an approved event on the dedicated server.. I would +1 to that. 

Otherwise, it probably will be abused, especially by those who drive to a spot and camp / use the dev cam to record/report people. 

Such abuse will only lead to more people whining about the duration of reports. 

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Being a Game Moderator (or "admin" as it is written in-game) requires seeing every part of the map and being able to follow somebody who is further away. However, being a player, there is no necessity whatsoever, to allow an extended usage of the 'dev cam'. As it was properly described above, it might lead to abuse and the Game Moderation team might end up finding "wanna be admin" who park near the rural road between Calais and Duisburg just to record everything that is happening there. Lastly, there are no plans to change the current configuration. 

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.