TruckersMP Real Operations V2

konfig0

The first time I tried to join, I had to wait 35min, and finally to see a message saying that my session was invalid and I had to restart the game... And the queue was way too long to even login later, and when I finally managed to connect to the server, my connection broke 3 times and had to go back in the queue, to finally join and play 15 minutes before the end of the event... REALLY DISAPPOINTING

So now that I actually had a chance to play, here are my thoughts:

I first had to wait nearly an HOUR AND A HALF to join the server. 850 slots with well over 500 people in queue, and the admins thought not to do anything? I understand that lag was pretty bad (I was there), but would it not make sense to, you know, open up a second server? The same thing could be accomplished with half the staff if they were coordinated enough, which it seems like they weren't.

After I finally connected, and waited a good 15 minutes to get through the queue, I hopped over to Salzburg and began my journey. Wasn't too bad, encountered some people here and there. Got into some traffic, which I anticipated and actually liked. Traffic was great, and the people breaking rules didn't really piss me off or anything. What DID piss me off was how poorly the event was done. It felt like a last moment "lets just direct traffic a little bit around a crash and be done." I waited in traffic for a good 30-40 minutes, only to go through the actual event for a good 10-15 seconds. And that was EXTREMELY disappointing to me.

Where were the "custom roadworks, police/border controls, fake accidents and a lot of police force showing on the route. Make sure you behave, or you might get pulled over!" we were promised? Where was the excitement? All I saw was admins in one place. I followed their directions for a good 10-15 seconds, then continued on and saw literally nothing else.

What a disappointment. Poor communication, lack of creativity, and little care for what was supposed to be a "community event".

Edited by SDCore
  • Like 1

Hi @SDCore,

I'm dissapointed you have had a bad experience tonight, firstly please give me the chance to defend my choice on the amount of slots:

So, I've chosen this amount of slots because it's quite a small route. Sure, we could've made it bigger but then we even had less events than what we had now. Also, at some point there were 600+ players in Salzburg. An extreme amount of players, and extremely hard to manage properly. It was my choice to reduce the slots to this amount, else you would've seen next to nothing. 

Secondly,

We had custom roadworks and police controls in place. Keep in mind that there were 800 other people driving around, that you haven't been pulled over doesn't mean nobody has. 

Opening a second server is impossible, I can't manage 2 servers at the same time, and I was already running short on people this event.

I understand and appreciate your feedback, I'm also very sorry you didn't get the experience you felt you should get. We'll take your feedback in our organisation for our next event, we're thinking about 1500 slots but you should still expect a queue.

Thanks,

konfig0

• Like 3

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

^ May I add to the above, the more roadworks and accidents there would have been on the route, chances are that the whole time you would have been sitting stationary in a traffic jam.  I myself pulled over 3 people where I could so people were being pulled over.  remember we also have to look out for the rule breakers (for eg by reviewing reports) and also make sure the road layout is correct by blocking bits off with our cars.

If you would have opened up more slots, it would have been impossible to drive, forget pulling over.  I had 3fps on most areas of heavy traffic which means driving is impossible.  That was only with 800 people.  

• Prime locked this topic