Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

CB improvements

DyZ1o~Minas

Suggestion Name: CB IMPROVEMENT(S)

Suggestion Description: 2(yes i did read the Suggestions format and i am sorry) things that can make the Audio Communications More pleasant for everyone(IMHO)
1. add some kind of background noise in the transmition and the chirp in the end(similar to the intro HERE) it will be closer to the real deal that way (yes it is probably low priority but..)
The Main Reason Of The Thread:
2.CB RULES! every time i try to communicate through voice there is chaos.. (always english on cb would be nice but i doubd it will be implemented so my suggestion is limited to the following..)

channel use suggestion(absolute minimum): one channel >WITH THE NUMBER STATED IN RULES< for traffic use where drivers use english only!  PLUS a channel right next to it for short chats 1-2 min duration max
the rest can be used by anyone else in any language they see fit 

Any example images: none

Why should it be added?:
why not? i think that a big number of people are here for the simulation of trucking.. and children fooling around in foreign and/or non understandable languages can be frustrating after a while..
that way minor incidents are easier to solve(who passes first, permission to pass or just a "hi"),

clarification or apology for a given action can be faster and those who are simulation enthusiasts will know that there is a channel Worth tuning in..

i wont add a poll or anything(unless requested of course) and i will be glad to give/add clarifications and/or examples if nessecery

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

for number 1 I will give that a -1. reason is it isn't needed.

for number 2 I will give that 0, reasons are. there needs to be rules for the CB, at least more in depth rules. limiting the time for the messages +1, limiting the language -1.

in an ideal world everyone would speak the same language, but we live on earth, where there are multiple languages and multiple countries. forcing everyone to speak English isn't the right thing to do, same as if they were to force you to use only their language.

Whether we like it or not English is the international language and AFAIK when you attempt to talk to another user on the multiplayer you use English.. 

So what is the problem?

If there are 2 Greek people they could say hi in Greek and move to a different channel if they wish to engage in a conversation in greek. 

Anyone who uses common sense already does the above without needing the rules to provide boundaries, if it worked ok I would not make the suggestion

2 channels out of 19 with being the primary English talking one.. 

• Upvote 1

@KmunBiene [GER] exactly because this is a simulation they should add it.. 

@slushbro if i want to communicate with my guys and/or manage a convoy i have TS3.. for everyone else i have CB..

@sgpch1983 i would love to go "as real as it gets" but i could also settle with some basic elements.. i have seen that some players are more gamers than simmers.. i had that in mind while i was typing

I like the second idea, maybe it would be better. Having a english-only channel is pretty interesting. For your first idea, seriously, no. When you have a connexion like mine, audio is sometime so bad that i can assure you don't want that.

2 hours ago, DyZ1o said:

i would love to go "as real as it gets" but i could also settle with some basic elements.. i have seen that some players are more gamers than simmers.. i had that in mind while i was typing

if you would love to why not just do it.. look up the greek reallife channel, set it up ingame if possible and tell all your greek friends and people about it (and tell your cb channel number via the tag system).

i did already.. i only talk with german drivers as im on cb channel 9.. i dont think english only should be implemented. -1

sysp-73354.png

you know there is no labled channel/language combination right?
even checked http://ecbf.eu/ (that is the european cb federation)
as with every type of communication it states only the use and modes to be used for each channel/freq

mentioning the channels in case you dont want to check it out..
channels 2, 3, 7, 8, 10 - 14, 17, 18, 20 are for voice and used for local / national QSO (aka contact)

channel 1 is mixed mode since it is a test channel

channel 9 is considered an emergency priority and local call channel
channels 15 & 16 are used for Sports - adventure and 4x4 off road
and channel 19 is used for trucks and transportation...
there are 40 channels in total with varius modes and uses but are out of scope for this one...

4 hours ago, DyZ1o said:

@KmunBiene [GER] exactly because this is a simulation they should add it..

The Game has much things that are not realistic at all. Is useless decoration thing, and half of all players will use diffrent channels.

And if you want that this should be a rule, then contact feedback.

Definetly, this is just useless. For what? The cb is mostly on channel 19, you can talk with players.

The only thing i like at your suggestion is making cb only to english.

I am very sorry but I have to disagree. Add these sort of noises to the CB would just make things worse. The mic quality of many players who are constantly on the CB is already bad enough to add any more interference. Add it would just make it even harder and more annoying to hear them. It will never be added.

Number two is just pointless. There already are rules in place to regulate the usage of the CB:

And limit its usage in any way of form to English or any other specific language only would be discrimination of other cultures. Don't forget that though English is the main language of Truckers MP, users of all nationalities and languages use our services. They are free to express themselves as they please, so long as no rules are violated in the process. Not to mention that the only way exclusive language channels would be respected/used by only the given language, even on the slightest, would be if admins would start to monitor them constantly. We already have a rather high load of work to be done in-game with the hundreds of reports you guys file every minute, we already have to patrol the busiest roads to ensure everyone is driving properly and remove the ones who are not, we already have to watch over the chat to remove anyone who insults another player and we also have to review the thousands of reports that are sitting on the web report system. It all takes quite some time from us. That's some extra work that we definitely don't need, at the moment. Not to mention that some of us actually prefer to have the CB in our cab completely shutdown altogether.

To me, this is a -1 to it all.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...