Should the game bring innovation to its own map?

[GökTürk] Enver

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think this should be their next focus. But, while I support most of their paid DLC.... I think such an update should be free, since a lot of the assets and prefabs are already there and they would just need to do some touch ups and bring some of the roads and scenery up to current standards. Plus gating it with DLC would be an absolute mess I think, since then you'd have two layers of the same map in the same places depending on if you own the DLC or not. This is one case where I think extra profits (assuming there is any) left over from the DLC should be applied to a free map update. I'm not against paid DLC, I own two dozen of them for ETS2.... but yeah I just don't see revamping the base map to be something that would even be plausible as paid DLC. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

On 04.12.2017 at 5:59 PM, buksikutya77 said:

SCS wouldn't be that heartless that they even charge you for the updated version of the base map, but i don't get it why you have to pay this high price for 1 or 2 or 3 country/countries.... it's a bit sad for me because i can't buy those DLCs because of the price

the only reason why ets 2 is still alive is truckersmp mod. if this game didnt have any multiplayer it would be dead like ets. so they have to take care and help tmp devs

Every company has to be able to continue running, hence why every business is money-orientated. As much as I think the base game should be updated a bit like the DLC expansions they've now added separately which are fantastic quality, the standard game really does lack in some areas and it shows in comparison. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely due to the time it would take to improve the original base map. I don't think I'd mind if they charged a reasonable amount for an overall improvement to most areas?

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • SuliHD locked this topic

Archived