Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Use of turnpike doubles/Rule update

ZephyrM3GTR

Suggestion Name: Use of turnpike doubles/rule update

Suggestion Description: The use of turnpike doubles in MP should not be a bannable offense. I bring attention to rules 2.17 subsection 6 "Only one full-length trailer is allowed." and rule 2.20 "You are not allowed to save edit the double or triple trailers, except for changing the paintjob only.". Turnpike doubles are legally allowed to operate in Nevada and Arizona(restricted to I-15 only). Therefore I would like to call for a revision to have exceptions made for the use of turnpike doubles save editing in MP. There is nothing wrong with the combination for drivers who know how to control them. It's irrelevant for people who can't drive with existing singles or doubles since the magnitude 55l's with the heavy haul DLC are just as long as turnpikes and everyone has access to them. Players using them to troll/block are also irrelevant because of the same reason, the magnitude 55l is already available to everyone, so an additional trailer type is not going to make any difference either way because as trolls, they're breaking the rules regardless. The edit itself does not cause any glitching and is 100% stable within the servers from crashes of any kind since only SCS assets are used through a single replacement which doesn't make it excessive. There is a complete difference between adding 25 feet to a rear trailer of a rocky mountain double by removing the 28 foot pup and replacing it with a full length 53 foot trailer versus adding 4 additional trailers to a set of triples creating a roadtrain. It shouldn't matter if SCS at any point originally had this intended because every form of save editing that is allowed is exactly the opposite of that reason. Players use long chassis on daycabs(which is not a customization option), remove trailer limits to bring triples/rocky mountain doubles outside of Nevada, change trailer colors, edit cargo weights to make trailers heavier or lighter, change all trailers to a single type which gives them incorrect and unrealistic cargo/destinations for the sake of convoys, remove loads from the magnitude 55l and other flatbeds to make them look "empty", and so on and so forth. All of which are save edits that SCS haven't had intended to implement but are allowed anyway and no one gets banned. The use of turnpike doubles(within means) are not any different from those previous mentioned save edits, therefore, should not be a bannable offense. In rule 2.20, it states "On ETS2, doubles are only allowed inside the Scandinavia DLC.", yet for ATS, there is no rule that says triples and rocky mountain doubles are only allowed in Nevada despite being the only state they operate in. Players bring them out all the time. Realism has already been thrown out the window long ago, so trying use that as an alibi that I've seen in previous doubles threads is not going to work. And with all that said, I require a legitimate reason as to why running turnpikes can get you banned while none of those other forms of save editing do when they're all the exact same thing.

Any example media:
Screenshot_1.png.8733a6b5b213078153bb71067f43ea7c.png
Screenshot_5.png.eb75ab7a9df3517b4d11d52e51f15979.png

Why should it be added: Because this shouldn't be a matter of controversy. It would make a lot of players who run LCV's much happier to have an additional trailer type that won't get them banned. Otherwise you are creating an unfair biased structure on a specific type of save editing that operates within legal means, causes no problems, and banning people because you "have to" without having a true reason other than some outdated rules.
***EDIT: I realized the Comdata photo explaining Arizona LCV laws is too small cannot be enlarged to read properly, so here is the link for it; http://www.gwtlm.com/comdata/pdf/Arizona.pdf

Edited by nitrodax777
Arizona LCV Comdata link included
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I do support 100% of this suggestion. It's hard to say why because your justification and all the explainations are close to perferct, and I could just repeat what you've already said.

Just one more thing:

I've tried out these kinds of doubles myself and I came to the end that handling them is even easier than handling one of the large heavy cargo trailers.

Hence...

+1

• Upvote 1

I've tried those kind of trailer combination out myself numerous times and the handling of those trailers is surprisingly easy, so the argument that it could cause chaos is practically invalid, especially since most players are more experienced when compared to the more 'casual' player base that ETS2 has. Therefore I think the'res no valid argument for banning those kind of trailer setups. 

I 100% support this suggestion.

Edited by Spieker
  • Upvote 1

I believe you did not understand his argumentation.

4 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

as for the triples outside of Nevada those people are violating the rules and should be reported.

First of all, triples outside Nevada are not against the TMP rules. You can ask any game moderator or any upper staff, all of them will tell you the same. Or you just have a look at the rules again.

Secondly, the reason for the addition of these trailers was that there are already lots of things that are illegal due to the local laws, but allowed due to the TMP laws. And I think that’s the right way. It might be a simulation, but it’s still a game and has to make fun. Hence any addition of new content is appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Welp. I got banned. But it's a part of my plan anyway. The removal of the US server made it easier to get noticed when everyone is crammed in the same server. Now I'm on their radar and they can't continue to ignore this since my ban appeal has a link to this thread. I've contacted nearly every branch of their support team about this and they've either told me to make a thread on this forum [which is why this topic exists in the first place] or told me they weren't sure who I should talk to. Now I see how easy it is for them to ignore us. I've made myself more than clear. Once my ban is up, I'm just going to continue running turnpikes until they do something about it. Ban me once, ban me again. I found problems within the rules and they refuse to address it, well they have to now. If they wanna take me down, I'm not going without a fight.
Here is the picture sko used to validate my ban: https://imgur.com/a/q13ec
(And before you ask, yes that is a 2 axle converter dolly in MP. The assets of a 2 axle dolly exists within the game files but just sits idle because there is no [current] trailer combination that would use them. SCS envisioned turnpikes or a similar trailer combination at some point [possibly for the original RMD's] or else it wouldn't exist, but who knows for sure.)
#freenitrodax

• Upvote 1

In other words, you want two full sized trailers instead of one which can only be done via mods or save editing. Or more specifically turnpike doubles on ATS at least.

If we look at the rule, it only applies for ATS as there is no way to get more than one full trailer on ETS 2. At least with SCS files... On ATS, there's many more possibilities, and you can put as many jeeps/dollies as your PC can handle. Here's a few screenshots from single player (the presence of blur in the distance is a good indicator that it wasn't in multiplayer).

Spoiler

BsGY093.png

mLRP1hk.png

POsDfiZ.png

I'd say that I'm not against allowing turnpike doubles (if they are done properly of course), but some rules need to be changed and more clear.

• Like 2

KkdaC1b.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This topic is so old...but now that we have Oregon coming...PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WANT TURNPIKE DOUBLES! I don't mind if the TMP rules end up saying they're allowed only in Oregon and Idaho (from my knowledge those are the only two states that allow turnpike doubles). Its also something that SCS might bring to ATS as an available option with the release of Oregon.

Definitely a +1 from me!

Also, here's a map of allowed trailer combinations across the US highway system:

nhspermlgcombveh2008.jpg\

The laws haven't been (majorly) updated since 2008, from my knowledge.

• 1 year later...