Add a record function to the mod for reports

BinaryDust

Suggestion Name: Add a record function to the mod for reports

Suggestion Description: In the player list settings(tab), you could add a checkbox to enable or disable a record function with an editable capture time.
    For example, if we enable this fuction with a 20sec capture time, the last 20sec of game will be recorded and saved in RAM. When a frame is older than 20sec, it will be replace by a new frame. Finaly, when the player report someone, theses last 20sec of video are saved in a file for a manual website report (or automatic if you want to).

Any example media:

Edit: I've add new subtitles in english which corrects my mistakes. 

Why should it be added: I think it's a good idea because anyone could report bad drivers on website with a video proof.

Edited by BinaryDust
  • Upvote 7

there is currently a server side system that does exactly this. Besides, it’s not that difficult to download a free recording software, buy a cheap external hard drive, set recordings to overwrite after x time unless manually stopped and away you go, only difficult part is editing, rendering and uploading evidence.

in order for your idea to work, TMP would have to basically dedicate a server to record every players gameplay, store that data, transfer x time length to the users files, Prost rendered and basically all in place with url status etc so that admins can see the footage... that’s a lot of work for something you can do simply yourself... 

• True Story 1

Hi there,

I'm only talking about a client-side recording system. I don't want to overload servers, TruckersMP's team does need them for something else.

And yes, we could download a free recording software with this option of deleting frames after x seconds, but i don't want to because i've already tried to download 'free software', and in most case, they contains virus or install for me other useless softwares (but some of them are good and virus free).

And adding in-game record on client-side allow use to record our game without getting back on our desktop when we need to manage our record. And to finish, having in-game record allow use to record our game in 'FullScreen' mode, not in 'Windowed'

There should be definetly a proper and accurate reporting system. I'm just log in to report a user due to ramming since automatic system didn't do its job properly. I'm really curious what logic lies behind that automatic system if it's can't even able to figure out the player who ramming others on purpose. There is plenty of players ramming to the others and every time I'm reporting them immediately but none of them got banned ever since. So I end up reporting on the site but unfortunately it asks for video recording...

Applying speed limit to all servers is absolutely necessary since it's a Truck Simulator not a Rally game.

^

Hi there,

I don't think that speed limits are the best solution, but it can reduce the amount of crash. And speed limits could make the game less cool, that's why TruckersMP's team create some servers with and without speed limits.

P.S: i've just go an idea. A temporary speed limit could be gived to a person on all servers when this player have a reckless driving.

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

23 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

there is currently a server side system that does exactly this. Besides, it’s not that difficult to download a free recording software, buy a cheap external hard drive, set recordings to overwrite after x time unless manually stopped and away you go, only difficult part is editing, rendering and uploading evidence.

in order for your idea to work, TMP would have to basically dedicate a server to record every players gameplay, store that data, transfer x time length to the users files, Prost rendered and basically all in place with url status etc so that admins can see the footage... that’s a lot of work for something you can do simply yourself... 

All that needs to be done is that TMP host links to free recording softwares, simple, no viruses (although I’ve never encountered any recording software that had any). 

Yes the auto auto system is a bit iffy, but with time it’s get refined and fixed. I just don’t see how TMP could create a client side recording software and force everyone to use it. It’s not as simple as it sounds.

Hi,

I had never said to force people to use it. If you've correctly read my suggestion, first you would have know that i talk about a client side system et not server side, and second in the description and the video, i've also talked about a fonction to enable or no the system.

Please be more attentive on informations I gave.

i allways use NVIDIA SHADOWPLAY to REC my game, the thing is there's to many RULES in game, and that makes ADMIN's work even harder!!!

and taking much more to response or claim a report!! ......and seriously now, the bann's are for to little times....... most of the bann's are for a few days....

the 1st bann should be for at least 2 weeks, the 2nd bann should be for 1 month, and the 3rd bann should be for more than 2 months.... that way people will be more carefull!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this feature is already there in game.when we report some one in game then admin can see the video and claim the report. According to your suggestion its not easy to make it. mod should record complete session and when you report it has to save last 20 sec .Instead of adding load on server, all you have to is use a gamer recorders like shadowplay , OBS or Xsplit game-caster which are easy to use.

UxiKSFa.png

11 minutes ago, Ajith18592 said:

I think this feature is already there in game.when we report some one in game then admin can see the video and claim the report. According to your suggestion its not easy to make it. mod should record complete session and when you report it has to save last 20 sec .Instead of adding load on server, all you have to is use a gamer recorders like shadowplay , OBS or Xsplit game-caster which are easy to use.

Hi,

I've read something about this in game record option for admins, but i this case, why are in game reports so unefficients ("no actions was taken against player ..." each times) ? [Sorry for Tmp's team]

And why are admins requesting forum report with a media proof if they already have a recorded proof?

And for the THIRD time... 

> It's not a server side option, it's on client side, on our computers

> And we don't have to record all the game session, only the last X seconds of our game and save theses X seconds when we need to.

Please view my first post and the video in which I gave a lot of details.

1 minute ago, BinaryDust said:

I've read something about this in game record option for admins, but i this case, why are in game reports so unefficients ("no actions was taken against player ..." each times) ? [Sorry for Tmp's team]

And why are admins requesting forum report with a media proof if they already have a recorded proof?

well actions against the game reports are only taken when the admin claims them. well admins can't be online all the time. They have personal life and they are volunteering from personal time  to keep the roads clean . admins always ask for media proof because if the game report is not claimed then you can do web report using that media proof and it would easy for them to identify the ban the person. without media proof they can't ban anyone.

• True Story 1

UxiKSFa.png

23 hours ago, BinaryDust said:

Hi,

And for the THIRD time... 

> It's not a server side option, it's on client side, on our computers

> And we don't have to record all the game session, only the last X seconds of our game and save theses X seconds when we need to.

Please view my first post and the video in which I gave a lot of details.

Most of the time no action is taken because an admin is either not online or haven't had chance to look at it (I believe they get a rather large number of reports)!

I agree, it would be nice if there was a way to 'save replay' or some such option. However considering that you could also use a simple software like Shadowplay for Nvidea Graphics cards and choose the instant replay function and have it turned on for like 1 minute or something. But I do take your point, could be handy to have a button that would just do that for you.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Trigzd said:

Most of the time no action is taken because an admin is either not online or haven't had chance to look at it (I believe they get a rather large number of reports)!

I agree, it would be nice if there was a way to 'save replay' or some such option. However considering that you could also use a simple software like Shadowplay for Nvidea Graphics cards and choose the instant replay function and have it turned on for like 1 minute or something. But I do take your point, could be handy to have a button that would just do that for you.

Hi Trigzd :D

You exactly understood what I want to add to Tmp mods.

Shadowplay can do the job, but I found interesting to directly have this fonction in the game (no need to go back on our desktop to check if record is still going on). And also, we can trigger the record with in-game commands (example: when we enter command "/report" or click on the report button). I'm glade to see you interested to my suggestion :D

Bye

Many people are having trouble freezing on the computer while recording with computer video program. which can cause accidents in the game. Personally, I've had this problem a lot. There may be a system that lets you see the last 30 seconds of the wanted person in normal players like the new report system used by the administrators. if the videos will fill the system, the videos can be saved on the player's computer. The player can also find it in the report by adding it to the report system. It will not freeze at the video. Everything can be clearly seen.

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2017 at 3:40 AM, BinaryDust said:

Nome da sugestão: adicione uma função de gravação ao mod para relatórios

Descrição da sugestão: nas configurações da lista de jogadores (guia), você pode adicionar uma caixa de seleção para ativar ou desativar uma função de gravação com um tempo de captura editável.
    Por exemplo, se ativarmos esta fucção com um tempo de captura de 20 segundos, os últimos 20 segundos do jogo serão gravados e salvos na RAM. Quando um quadro é superior a 20 segundos, ele será substituído por um novo quadro. Finalmente, quando o jogador informar alguém, esses últimos 20 segundos de vídeo são salvos em um arquivo para um relatório manual do site (ou automático se você quiser).

Qualquer exemplo de mídia:

Editar: adicionei novas legendas em inglês que corrige meus erros. 

Por que deveria ser adichionado: acho que é uma boa idéia porque qualquer um poderia denunciar drivers ruins no site com uma prova de vídeo.

Helo if they put to record it would have to put to record and save in the pc what you think

• 4 weeks later...

+1 i like this idea,a useful system.because so we can detect and report the mistakes that have escaped from our eyes.

• 2 weeks later...