Steam overlay

odysseus420

Question

Hello,

I'm new player on euro truck simulator MP and i have this issue and i'm sure some of you had this problem. Each time I launch TruckersMP, the steam overlay won't appear nor open while pressing shift+tab. This is really annoying each time some friend messages you, you have to pause, minimize the game and alt tab it to see the chat.

I'm sure some of you will help me to fix this small issue, thanks!

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bull[NL] said:

It seems you have not enable Steam Overlay:
Look at "Enabling the Steam Overlay" for you problemen maybe it helps: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9394-yofv-0014

2 hours ago, Trucking Geyve and Turkey said:

In the top left corner, select Steam> Settings> In-game> Disable in-game interface key.

i hope i helped.

Well, the thing is. I have the overlay and the steam menu (shift tab) to use on single player, but not on the multiplayer. 

2 hours ago, buksikutya77 said:

Hy!

For the start I can think of 2 things/solutions, one is enabling steam overlay if it's not enabled yet, or running as an admin because looks like it worked for someone before

I tried running TruckersMP as administrator didn't work. As I said above sp works fine, but on mp no, so i don't know what to do. :mellow:

30 minutes ago, buksikutya77 said:

Well i can think of a workaround where you add TMP as a Non-Steam game to Steam or check that even the Steam marks you play ETS2 as you start ETS2MP [...]

Well, i tried to do that too few days ago, but seems like steam cannot locate TMP on the non-steam games.

I don't know you reinstalled ETS2 somewhere else where it was before and TMP not maybe it can't find it properly, maybe a TMP reinstall?

ETS2 and TMP are installed in the same HDD - tough first when i installed TMP that they should be in the same HDD other ways the game won't work but i was wrong, but doesn't meter where you install TMP since you have to confirm you have ETS2 from your steam games. Also I tried reinstalling TMP and didn't work.

Yesterday when I launched TMP the steam overlay popped out and i was like, oh okay i think its fixed. But I was wrong! When I quitted the game, few hours later i launched again the steam overlay was gone.

The solution that always works for me is setting steam to open in ADMINISTRATOR MODE.  Since ETS2 and ATS are built on a Unity-based engine, I actually learned this trick from other Unity games which have the same issue. Hopefully this solution works for you too :)

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!