Beacon Script - Enforcing Rule

.Rhys.

Advanced issues found

On 6/16/2019 at 3:07 AM, McGalcri said:

In fact... SCS implemented in v1.33 a console variable (g_disable_beacons (0/ 1/ 2) - for people having issues with blinking lights) that can be easily accessed from a script. I think 0 means NO beacons, 1 just orange static light and 2 the usual blinking orange.

In case +30 drivers around, the variable turns to 0, else turn back previous value... not hard I think.

NOTE: This effect will be only for the driver. As the idea said, a checkbox in the Launcher would be perfect. People with really good computers can just deactivate it, but we others can use it for earn those precious extra FPS :D 

Well yes, but this disables Police beacons too.

+1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, HeavyWolfPL said:

Well yes, but this disables Police beacons too.

+1

Well.... it can be used mode 1 (static light) when +30 players, we will still see the blue thingy :D Anyway... using mode 0 (no beacons) maybe people will increment the caution due they dont know if an admin is around hahahaha. Undercover Admins needed!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While I think the idea doesn't sound bad, I feel the time making this can be used towards something else, such as enhancing the in game report system. I think that its a very simple rule to follow, and I don't see a whole lot of people with beacons on in populated areas anyways. Just my opinion though. 

Илиян Каменов