Beacon Script - Enforcing Rule

.Rhys.

-1 ... if you cant have a decent pc spec to play the game without glitching/buggin/laggin...  that is your problem... and personally i like have the control of my truck by my own.. ( i mean that if i want my bacon on or off it my choice and not a script choice ) ..  if you have buy the DLC special transport ( wich offer more light *( LED Light )*  to install on your truck front/side/rear part ) is it the same thing as beacon.... ? since they are LED light and are always flashing... soo befor enforcing beacon script.. ( i think it more a problem from the person/group of person.. who askin it.. wich have the real problem ) ..

Really for a sec i was sure the post was a joke... but i seen alot of answer and ill give my 2 cent of salt here.... if really beacon make you lag... then just get a better pc.

@[SCO] speedy, @Kehox. I don't play ETS2MP on a PC, I play on a laptop and its fully capable of beacons. I made the suggestion for those that don't have a good enough laptop or pc, also not everyone can afford to pay for a good laptop/pc. Even if they have a good laptop/PC and runs other games well, it doesn't mean it can run ETS2 well.

Only because you people have a good enough pc, doesn't mean that this suggestion is bad and have to think its a joke, its better that you didn't comment to this at all otherwise.

TruckersMP_Signature2.png?width=1442&hei

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

if it could be done it would be like a admin chat command something like /pb off /calais  so the /pb means players beacons & the /calais is the city or place where the beacons are to be turn off so if a admin put /pb off /c-d road then as a player want on the c-d road with there beacons on they would get turned off & when the player was off the c-d road there beacons would come back on 

People just need to obey the rules, just report them. 

This is a controversial topic due to the range. Some of you suggested +25 or 30. The range depends on your computer. I get a solid FPS with 100 people at the same radius. Also, FPS is affected by so many other aspects of this game. This can be from other additions to the trucks as well.  Another option is that if you avoid heavily populated areas, you won't lag. 

5 hours ago, TurklerRS said:

-1, I do not think that some lighting effects can make you suffer so much framerate loss. I mean ETS 2 is not a heavy game to run.

Maybe not for you and me. But some people play on potatoes and I do think they can suffer from too many dynamic lights. If other people start to lag from this, everybody close to them will have to cope with it.

Also, beacons are overused and kill realism. IRL they are only used for wide/heavy/special transports. And sometimes to greet other truckers.

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate beacons in general as they are annoying but on the server side they can implement lag so I think disabling them is a good idea as there is no real need for them it is only a warning for using trailers but thats what we do anywhere so it hardly becomes a warning.

Nice idea,

Summed up in 3: Less lag, less flashy lights and admins have more time for other offences.

• I don't suffer from epilepsy/seizures or anything, but even I find the flashing of a few hundred truck beacons unpleasant.
  • It would cause less lag in highly populated areas.
  • The admins would have less workload/more time to deal with other more offences

If you actually NEED your beacons on to draw attention to yourself (Such as oversize or slow moving), it would add a nice bit of automation instead of having to turn them on/off manually every few minutes on a road such as C-D (If there are suddenly 25+ people around you when you round a bend, your concentraition is probably occupied by other things).

Also, If you only have 1 beacon it is easy for it to get obscured in daytime when everyone around you (especially the truck behind you) is driving with their full main beam headlight/spotlights on at all times. You cannot see the yellow flashes on the sides of the road as they are bleached out by headlights. So some people may just have forgotten they're on.

There are no negative points! (Other than the Dev time needed to implement it.)

+1 From me

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...