Beacon Script - Enforcing Rule

.Rhys.

I kinda agree with this since lag is the main issue but then you will lose realism of the game in that progress but still like the idea 1  

Edited by Virus59X

While I think the idea doesn't sound bad, I feel the time making this can be used towards something else, such as enhancing the in game report system. I think that its a very simple rule to follow, and I don't see a whole lot of people with beacons on in populated areas anyways. Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

well then they have to force there way into the f4 mnu which requires the truck to be stationary so not possible to do like that when the player is moving and if they do so tmp presses on o to turn off the beacons then players can just remap the beacons key so tmp won´t be able to turn off the beacons at high population

No no, I mean that the auto beacon off script can run the same script of what is ran when that button is pressed, so the script can run that script in the background without it force opening the F4 menu (if that makes sense). Also I don't think that the script goes off of what the beacon button is mapped to. I do get what you mean tho.

TruckersMP_Signature2.png?width=1442&hei

8 hours ago, [DHH Owner] Dragon777 said:

No no, I mean that the auto beacon off script can run the same script of what is ran when that button is pressed, so the script can run that script in the background without it force opening the F4 menu (if that makes sense). Also I don't think that the script goes off of what the beacon button is mapped to. I do get what you mean tho.

That still requires reverse engineering SCS’ code to add something that can be simplified by removing what causes the lag, the light cast. You remove that, then it’s the best of both worlds, people can still see you have beacons on which is realistic, but at the same time you’re cutting lag. 

But lets face it, in busy areas there’s more than one reason for lag, anything from whattexture you are using to headlights to dlc items, to how much chrome is being loaded in... the list goes on. I mean, chrome is one of the biggest FPS stealers, I’ve personally tested driving a fully chromed truck in a busy area verses a fully painted truck and I lost over 10fps driving with chrome and seeing other chromed out trucks. 

Yes beacons add add to the lag, but they’re not the sole reason, everything and anything effects FPS, like I said before, even the smallest thing like shadow settings or weather or what dlc components you have installed, all that adds to it and the tip of the cherry stalk is beacon lights. 

Great idea, although I do happen to use the beacon and hazards together if the traffic stops completely from a completely random accident. It's definitely situational and I'm unsure whether it could be implemented as an option to certain players enabled by default as my computer is capable of running with beacons etc in heavy traffic and haven't experienced many issues in the past.

Kind regards,

Matthew

this would be a good idea on high population servers such as ETS2 EU #2 , but for the server that I have to play on due to constantly getting dc'ed from the EU servers, I have to play on the ETS2 US server which there is usually less then 100 people on. for ATS this wouldn't need to be added since most of the people that have beacons on their trucks (from what I have seen) turn them off when not hauling heavy cargo.

for ETS if it was added on a per server basis, then I would give it a +1. added to the low pop. servers  I would give it a -1 since the low pop. servers there are too few and they are spread to far to be effected by it.

• 2 months later...