• Announcements

• scarface0359

Current development status [overview + info]   12/04/17

Hey truckers, quite alot happened recently and we are getting many questions from you. To help you getting your answer much quicker, here is a recap of the latest information in regards to the Italy DLC, the Special Transport DLC, the wintermod and the latest game updates.   SCS released the Italy DLC. This DLC is not properly working in multiplayer at this moment. Until official support has been added, use the DLC on your own risk. You won't get banned for driving in the Italy area, but you might experience issues with missing NCZ and other minor bugs.   American Truck Simulator is not supported for quite some days now.   The wintermod will be added soon.   The Special Transport DLC is not guarantueed to be included within the first few patches. Due to the complexity of the situation of how the content of this DLC operates, it is possible that support for this specific DLC will take a long time, or in worst case scenario won't be supported at all. Please bear with us and give our developers enough time to make sure everything goes alright. Putting pressure on them or creating a massive amount of topics about it is not going to change the speed of development.    As always, our team is working hard to make sure we can give you the best experience. We hope to provide you a new version of our mod with support for ATS and ETS2 real soon, but we are currently not able to give you an estimated date of release. We thank you for your understanding.  
    • BAKERPK [PL] [ENG]

Translation Team Recruitment   12/11/17

Hello Truckers! We are making small changes in the team. We are looking for new translators for our community. Please check the requirements and send it to us. Languages that we are interested in are: Turkish, Polish, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, French, German   Requirements: * You are at least 17 years old. * You must be active in our community. * You have sufficient knowledge of the English language. * You understand and respect the forum and in-game rules. * You can remain calm and polite in a conflict. * You are able to ask questions and inform yourself if you don't know something. * You are able to work in a team and participate in team discussions. * You have some basic social skills as you will be in touch with many community members. * You are dedicated and devoted to help other members of the community. * You are registered on TruckersMP's forum for at least 1 month. * You know at least one more language than English   Please feel free to send an application here: https://truckersmp.com/recruitment Thanks for your interest ! End Date: 20/12/2017 Good Luck to Everyone !
dennab4

Europe 2 server capacity increased from 3500 to 3700

For reference, a server consisting of 4000 slots was also trialed by the developers.

Presumably, it didn't work as well as the developers hoped and thus bumped the limit down to 3700.

• Confused 1

Its probably been increased due the numbers of players playing MP recently, during peak hours especially on weekends lately I have noticed long queues for EU2 and EU3 and even a few times EU1 has been quite full :P

Hello
they could increase slots on the EU2 server over the weekend ...
Login to the server is longer, in the last 2 days 500 in the order.

Edited by Anriandor
Merged topics. Please use the search function before submitting a new topic about already existing content.

Number of slots have recently increased for EU2.
Increasing slots also gives more problems, I think there has already been tested with 4000 slots but is reduced for various reasons.
As you can see more people are online, all servers are more visit, this has to do with the 1.30
This will take for a few days and then slowly become calmer again, this happens always if something new is coming.

They increased the server size before but probably the server doesn't handle it very well,  when the EU1 and EU2 was only at around 2500 slots it had problems with higher numbers because even me when I had 40-50 ping average when they increased it went up to 100 because the amount of players

Last night the new truck was included in the game and there were ping troubles in the servers, so several servers were included in the game.

The Etsmp players have gone over two million, and the boundaries of the servers will grow.

Good Forums , Good Game

regards

Enver Oral

Edited by MettleMeat
Merged posts. Kindly edit your post in future to add new content instead of posting twice.

3 hours ago, Bull[NL] said:

Number of slots have recently increased for EU2.
Increasing slots also gives more problems, I think there has already been tested with 4000 slots but is reduced for various reasons.
As you can see more people are online, all servers are more visit, this has to do with the 1.30
This will take for a few days and then slowly become calmer again, this happens always if something new is coming.

In my opinion, this is the "steam sale effect" and "the update effect"

ETS2 was on the steam sale, so that means many people bought the game. I don't think this month is gonna be a calm month, because the winter sale is coming soon aswell. They should increase more capacity (and hopefully) test the servers again with 4000~ or more players. And I'm questioning myself, is this the server problem or the game engine problem that the server cannot handle atleast 4000 people? I mean the game is still in early Alpha! and it is so great! Currently 622 people queueing in EU 2 server.

Also, where is the donate button? I want to donate some money to this mod, because it deserves it! and hopefully they improve the servers!

Hey i thinking about the ETS2 in multiplayer.

I see max player on 3700, so why not make it more like to 5000 because now i see ETS2 getting more popluation so i think it will be nice if they make it to 5000 player on #2 ets2 ? :) because even night i wanna to play i must wait because full on 3700.

Just my idea to tell.

Thanks you for read my ticket :)

Edited by Anriandor
Merged topics. Please use the search function before submitting a new topic about already existing content.

Hy!

There was a test increasing to 4000 but the servers haven't take it very well so it got reduced back to 3700

Edited by buksikutya77
Add "Hy!"

going up to 5000 wil be way overkill for the server to handle the amount of players it is much better to have the allowed amount as it is now and open more servers like eu5 and eu6 when the other eu servers are getting clogged

• True Story 1

Do you think that by putting yourself in the place of the manager? Managing the server can be difficult and It causes the server to freeze and connection problems.

30 minutes ago, Piv skid said:

i wanna to play i must wait because full on 3700.

Increase server slots to 5000 players won't change the fact that you'll have to wait since everyone will be joining this server.

It might be a good idea for you, but think about the huge amount of traffic everywhere on the map, and with so many people on it, there will be lags, FPS drops etc...

To be honest, 3'700 slots is enough. EU#2 had 4'000 slots two weeks ago... Let's say that it was chaos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello, I don't know if I'm too late but anyways, I like your idea, I know that would cause troubles but almost every road that I drive is empty, for example:

-France DLC empty

-Going east DLC empty

and more roads that are empty too.

It would be more realistic if there were more people on the road.

That's only my opinion.

Happy trucking

The slots are able to be increased to 4000, when there is a need. However making a permanent increase to something like 5000 would ruin the frame rate for many people, increase server lag and stress and probably crash it all together. It is a good idea but there are many struggles to actually make it happen, plus costs.

1 hour ago, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

almost every road that I drive is empty

Well mostly because those players are online just for the C-D/D-C, lol.

If people chose to spread themselves up and really drive to enjoy the sim/scenery or anything else besides C-D, you'd probably get more players all over the map.

Anyway with many already complaining about current FPS issues with just 3500-3700 limitations, an increased limit of 5k... I guess you know where that leads to :P

• True Story 1

Well I can agree probably at least 10% of the servers is always on C-D road, but the map is still too huge to fill up the roads with players

France and Italy can be empty because of toll what a couple of players hate and the current price tag of the DLC's or just not interested in that country yet.

But who knows maybe one day we will reach 5k, I don't how many player were expecting the server reach a this big size when the MP was fighting with it should have 2500 slots or not

Spoiler

There is always more amount of players probably when there is a new update coming out, a new truck too because there are probably players who wait until the MP supports the new version too and then test it there, it can be a new DLC too, like trailer ones or map ones (like right now Italy)... and sometimes the snow can pull back a couple of players too (this is what I experienced over the years)

I think these answers solved your question very good! :D 

But my opinion:

First: This would overkill the server(s) (As said above)

And there would be many players! Too many players! :D Look at the C-D road and think about it... 5000 slots!  :ph34r::P