Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Question about the speed limiter?

chargedewd

Question

Me and my friends started playing Euro truck again, we have noticed we cant pass 110km on the road and we've tried to even disable the limiter in the options but it doesnt untick. I've looked almost everywhere about this the server status doesnt say there is a limit. I'd just like an answer from someone who may know. Thanks

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Michael Jacks said:

Hello,

There are two speed limiters when on multiplayer:

1. Multiplayer TAB menu > Settings (little cog) > Un-tick Speed limiter 
  2. Settings > Game play and there will be another check box, un-tick that.

Hopefully that helped :)

Ok I understand where the one in the settings are but where is the 1st one you mentioned in-game as well or on the launcher or something?

if you are on eu1 then there is a speed limiter on the server set to max 110 and max 60 in cities also servers with speed limiter is marked with a 90km/h sign :90: like this one so look for that sign when choosing server at the login to know which server is speed limited and which aren´t

• True Story 1

8 minutes ago, Trucker Dashcam // Sweden said:

if you are on eu1 then there is a speed limiter on the server set to max 110 and max 60 in cities also servers with speed limiter is marked with a 90km/h sign :90: like this one so look for that sign when choosing server at the login to know which server is speed limited and which aren´t

I know this but we are playing on the american servers,the guys above mentioned about a multiplayer tab I cant seem to locate it at all in game

@chargedewd You can press the TAB button when you are in multiplayer. And then you can go to settings and turn it off.

But you have to know that there is a speed limiter on external contracts. So that might be the reason as well.

If you want to be able to go fast you have to turn off the speel limiter in the official setting of the game and the one I just told you when you press TAB. And then you have to do a normal job. Not an external one.

Hope this fixes your issue. 

//moved to help.

Greetings,

3 possible reasons and fixes.

MP limiter tab / Base game options limiter / World of Trucks jobs aka External Contracts

Only 'Quick' and 'Freight Market' jobs don't have the limiter.

Edited by MettleMeat
  • Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

1 hour ago, MettleMeat said:

//moved to help.

Greetings,

3 possible reasons and fixes.

MP limiter tab / Base game options limiter / World of Trucks jobs aka External Contracts

Only 'Quick' and 'Freight Market' jobs don't have the limiter.

Thanks for all the feedback but the setting in the options menu will not stay unticked at all and I have no idea why I uncheck it go back to the game, go back to the settings and its checked again.

EDIT: I can go well above 110 in single player and its unticked so I actually have no idea now unless the multiplayer has a forced speed cap no matter what so....

Hello @chargedewd,

The US Server has the Speed limiter enabled for some reason.

The Developers are already aware of it.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 2

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png