Opinions on hacking/hackers and their punishments

^Dominik^

There are some players that got banned for hacking even if they did not hack. For example, @Killua // Ireland ^_^ mentioned the 1t trailer. I use it sometimes, and if any player thought I’d use a speedhack because of my speed, and a gmod believed him, I would be in big trouble because it’s not possible to prove that I did use a 1t trailer and no hack.

Additionally, if sometimes looks like he was using a ncz hack due to a lag / async, he could be banned as well.

Both cases show that a hackers should not be punished with permanent bans. Mistakes do always happen, and in case of a perm ban, the user would not be able to play MP ever again even if he did not anything wrong.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:02 AM, Shawk2k50 said:

Hello @iFlufy,

If someone hacks, the first 'Hack Ban' will be one month the second will be three month and the third will be permanent.

It doesn't matter if you dont got a ban before.

So the question is easy to answer with yes. :)

-Shawk2k50

lol most of the hackers arent even caught and banning them for 1 month or 3 or however many that isnt infinite just solves the problem for that amount of time...

why get the same punishment for hacking as you would for blocking???

two completely different punishments but one is worse than the other.

i just think its crazy that you can use the ultimate hacks and get 1 month if its ur first time getting caught.

of course alot of times its permanent, but hackers should not be given second chances.

ramming and other stuff is completely different because it doesnt involve downloading clients just to do the specific violation.

On 28.11.2017 at 11:49 PM, RebeccaMurdock said:

lol most of the hackers arent even caught and banning them for 1 month or 3 or however many that isnt infinite just solves the problem for that amount of time...

why get the same punishment for hacking as you would for blocking???

two completely different punishments but one is worse than the other.

i just think its crazy that you can use the ultimate hacks and get 1 month if its ur first time getting caught.

of course alot of times its permanent, but hackers should not be given second chances.

ramming and other stuff is completely different because it doesnt involve downloading clients just to do the specific violation.

Hello @RebeccaMurdock,

if you are blocking the road the following rule apply:

§6 How bans are issued - UPDATED

The first 3 bans issued are at admin discretion.

The 4th ban is 1 month.

The 5th ban is 3 months.

The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.

Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period. User has 3 bans, all within a year, add the 4th ban. User has 3 bans, first ban is over a year old. Then new ban is 3rd.

If you have at least two history bans of the same length in your ban history, admins may extend your ban to the next ban history length, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. For example, if you have already had two 1 month bans, your next ban can be extended to 3 months. If you have two 3 month bans, your ban can be extended to perm.

Note that bans that are extended due to it being your 4th, 5th or 6th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly 1 month, 3 months and permanent.

And if you are hacking this rule apply:

§2.7 Hacking/Speedhacking/Bug abusing

Using artificial tools to change gameplay, using cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter or anything similar.

Bans for this rule will be for a duration of 1 month/3 months/permanent depending on the occurrence of the ban. This is regardless of previous other history.

You can find all the rules on https://truckersmp.com/rules

So they don't get the same punishment ;)

My personal oppinion is, everybody deserves a second chance. So I personally think the rules are fair.

-Shawk2k50

Archived