Ghost Mode, from Seconds to Units

Glada_Laxen

3 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

You cannot always decide when you are leaving the game. Sometimes you crash whether it's your PC, the TruckersMP client or the game tiself. And then you don't geto to park on the side of the road or in non-collision zones. And having Ghost Mode helps with just that, by letting players load into the road without appearing right infront of drivers causing accidents.

And you do not load Singleplayer first to check and if necessary reposition your vehicle to a safe place before logging into multiplayer because... ? ?

6 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

And you do not load Singleplayer first to check and if necessary reposition your vehicle to a safe place before logging into multiplayer because... ? ?

No, that is way too much to ask of the players. Instead of forcing players to launch their game twice, just make the Ghost Mode work for players spawning while on the road. I don't understand why you're so against something that doesn't affect anyone negatively? It literally just improves it for everyone. 

SHeDTix.png

On 2/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, Glada_Laxen said:

No, that is way too much to ask of the players. Instead of forcing players to launch their game twice, just make the Ghost Mode work for players spawning while on the road. I don't understand why you're so against something that doesn't affect anyone negatively? It literally just improves it for everyone. 

I understand that you have no control over WHEN you will spawn.

But I hope you understood by now that you have control over WHERE you will spawn.

If it is not too much to ask of YOU to take the time of mutual consideration.

13 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I understand that you have no control over WHEN you will spawn.

But I hope you understood by now that you have control over WHERE you will spawn.

If it is not too much to ask of YOU to take the time of mutual consideration.

I still don't really understand what you are trying to argue for. This change is helpful for everyone, especially since it can get innocent players banned. 

SHeDTix.png

8 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

I still don't really understand what you are trying to argue for. This change is helpful for everyone, especially since it can get innocent players banned. 

I would like to ask for your forgiveness if my argumentation was difficult to follow. I am not a native english speaker and therefore can not completely exclude making mistakes.
What I am trying to say is that I believe it is not a flaw of the ghost mode if your vehicle is spawned in an unsafe place.
IMO, it is rather the players responsibility to make sure that his vehicle does not cause any incidents.

• Like 1

@Joao Rodrigues Oh, okay, then I get it. :) No worries!

The reason I've come back to this suggestion is because of a recent ban of mine. (It's already appealed and accepted, so don't worry about me discussing an active ban appeal)

As you can see, I was spawned into the game without even pressing "Drive" or loading a save. It wouldn't be fair to make the player responsible for such mishap. And with a ghostmode that doesn't disable after a set amount of time, but rather with a distance driven, innocent players won't get banned. 

SHeDTix.png

I think it would be good if when you login it starts you in the closest service station first or just the closest ncz so you don't ghost into the road 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...