Ghost Mode, from Seconds to Units

Glada_Laxen

3 hours ago, [GROFR] Victor H. #155 BR said:

I think it's enough time, because it gives you time to log in and go to the quiet side of the road

It might be enough time if you load in completely flawless. But as of right now that is not possible in certain areas and because of some players' PC's. 

1 hour ago, explocraft said:

^

No it's not, when you have a bad computer x)

^

SHeDTix.png

On 26.12.2017 at 5:37 PM, flybel said:

So far there has been only one situation in which I made use of the Ghost Mode. I spawned on a parking spot between Oslo and Bergen where there is no NCZ. I was alone when I parked, and as I loaded the game again, there were a bunch of players parking, thus I was inside another truck and had to drive through another with Ghost Mode to be able to continue on my way.

Ghost Mode ended before I was free of the other trucks, but I was still able to go through and no trucks were flying around in the end

It might have worked this time, but as visible in the video and as previously said by Aragon:

On 26.12.2017 at 10:29 AM, [TUG] Aragon said:

that feature doesn't always seem to work.

and I think this is the reason why increasing the time or disabling the ghost mode after a certain driven distance could make sense.

Personally, I see no disadvantages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glada_Laxen said:

Pode ser tempo suficiente se você carregar completamente sem falhas. Mas, no momento, isso não é possível em certas áreas e por parte de alguns PC de jogadores. 

^

In these cases, I suggest going offline and to the truck in a safe place

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2017 at 6:39 PM, Glada_Laxen said:

^

Instead of Ghost Mode ending after a certain amount of seconds, I think it would be better if it ended after you have driven a certain length. Because as you can see in the video I added, most of those seconds were counted while I was in loading screen. 

Ghost Mode was added just so you would not have to worry about trucks spawning right infront of you or inside of you. And it should be the same thing the other way around, you should not have to worrying about spawning where it would cause an accident. But it is not working properly because it is set to end in seconds instead of units. And by units I mean it ends while you have driven a certain amount of yards/meters. 

You say what I did was reckless, but if the feature worked as it should have, this would never have happened. Which is why I am suggesting it to be changed from seconds to units. 

Also you need to lighten up a bit, yes it was funny. It is a game. 

That’s where this suggestion falls short, a time limit means you know exactly how long you have before collisions are re-enabled, everyone knows that, so, say you’re driving along and see someone spawn in, you know they have x time to get out of the road before collisions are enabled, the issue with working it by distance is knowing how far you’ve driven. I mean, have you drives 100m or 1000m? there’s no real way to measure that, and anyone else around can’t either, so it because not only a hazard, but a tool for trolls to use by spawning in busy areas and driving the exact distance into traffic causing chaos. 

Also, I have to agree with everyone else here, what you did was easily deemed reckless driving and should warrant you with a month ban if not longer, if you know you’re going to spawn on a busy road where traffic is heavy, don’t. Sometimes it’s easier to cancel the load and f7 enter, repair, the teleport to a garage you know is quiet, grab a new load and carry on, less risk, more reward. 

Yes it’s a game, but a lot of us use the word SIMULATOR to it’s actual meaning and so play the game like it’s reality. Also, causing misery for others because of your own stupidity isn’t funny, I mean, flip it on it’s head, would you find it funny if you were in their position, especially if you’ve driven 1000+ miles wth no damage and then get some kid who can’t move his truck within a time limit and then causes damage to your truck and trailer, practically destroying up to and hour plus of work? I don’t think so.

Yes haha someone glitched out, whatever, if you were around when TMP was just starting out and EP was an absolute hellhole, then you won’t find it funny, I’ve seen trucks get thrown a good 500m off the road by a troll or some idiot who’s refusing to move out of the road and causing tailbacks that would stretch through Rotterdam and through the ports in the UK. 

At at the end of the day it’s about having respect for your fellow trucker, whether you take it seriously or not.

On 12/26/2017 at 5:31 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ That's the thing with loading autosaves. Someone gets hit and decides to load an autosave, so the damage to the truck/trailer goes away. Before this "ghost mode" update, most people didn't care about where they'd spawn and that caused lots of "accidents" (quotation marks because I don't see that as an accident, but as recklessness). Currently, with the ghost mode, most people care even less than before, only they can now complain about how short the time is. There were several topics before the ghost mode was implemented, explaining how easy was to avoid spawning in the middle of a dangerous area: Quit MP - Launch SP - Drive to a safe place and stop - Quit SP - Launch MP again. But it takes time to do that and most people are, like you said, too lazy to waste 2-3 minutes when they can just load an autosave and since "accidents" caused by spawning are not bannable, they don't give a ****.

It’s not 2-3 minutes for EVERYONE, if you run your game on an SSD or have a fully built machine with maxed out ram, then sure you can load in and out that quick, I timed my new machine and it took between 5 and 10 minutes to go from mp to sp, move off a road, park, save, exit, reload mp, login, wait for a space, then rejoin. It’s safer, but more annoying and time consuming, especially when you could have another troll sat around the next turn and you have to practically go through it all again. If everything could be done WITHOUT quitting the server, then it’s a win win. 

Also, just FYI, I’ve actually seen people spawn in ahead of me and been able to avoid a collision and gain no damage, so calling someone names for spawning in and causing a wreck isn’t fair because there is more instances where a collision is avoidable than not, yes sometimes someone can spawn right in front of you, but as long as they are instantly no collided, then no issue, if you hit someone who’s spawn in and you can see them stopped ahead of you, it’s technically your fault if a collision occurs because you can make evasive manoeuvres to avoid a collision. So the blame falls on both parties, the person who spawns in, shouldn’t be there, the person who hits them, probably had time to avoid an accident.

i mean it’s simple, if you hit “load auto save” you should be temporarily taken out of the server and put in hold, once loaded in, a prompt should appear telling you to “move your vehicle off the road way”, and a time limit is applied, if complied with, you are reconnected to the server. Failure to do so can result in termination of server connection and an automatic flag is sent to admins and is placed on your record, more than 5 failures to comply can result in investigation and either a warning or a server ban. That way, it allows everyone the chance to reorganise themselves without needing to quit back to singleplayer to do something that can be easily coded in. 

Edited by MettleMeat
REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTATION. DO NOT QUOTE THE SAME QUOTE TWICE AND PLACE THEM AT THE TOP & BOTTOM OF YOUR POST JUST TO MAKE YOUR POST LOOK LONGER.

^

If you re-watch my video, you can see I used an autosave which I have no control over. You can also tell that the Ghost Mode countdown begun while I was in the loading screen. And if you listen, you can hear when my engine starts and then I was left with 2-3 seconds to manouver my vehicle. 

If you are able to provide a video of you manouvering a truck with a 61 ton trailer to the shoulder of a road right before an intersection within 3 seconds then I’ll accept your accusation of me ”driving” reckless. 

Either way, spawning into the game is not against the rules, doesn’t matter where you spawn in, so don’t come here saying I should be banned for a month. 

And like I said, watch the video again, in the video I was barely given 2-3 seconds to manouver my vehicle. And calling me stupid won’t help either, whan I spawn in I expect Ghost Mode to keep me and other drivers around me safe. Which is the reason I even took my time uploading the video and creating this thread. 

You also claim distance cannot be measured, but the current timed ghost mode can? The current Ghost Mode begin while in the loading screen so you don’t really know when it started. While if distance was used instead that’d mean the player’s truck have to be in movement, which means you have to be fully loaded in. 

/EDIT: REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTATION. USE ^ or @<USER>. Which also means do not add the quote back and use the appropriate tools mentioned. Send me a PM if you need further justification.

/EDIT2: Ah, noted. I'm just so used to simply quote the person I'd reply to. But I see your point, will keep that in mind. 

Edited by Glada_Laxen

SHeDTix.png

14 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

^

If you re-watch my video, you can see I used an autosave which I have no control over. You can also tell that the Ghost Mode countdown begun while I was in the loading screen. And if you listen, you can hear when my engine starts and then I was left with 2-3 seconds to manouver my vehicle. 

If you are able to provide a video of you manouvering a truck with a 61 ton trailer to the shoulder of a road right before an intersection within 3 seconds then I’ll accept your accusation of me ”driving” reckless. 

Either way, spawning into the game is not against the rules, doesn’t matter where you spawn in, so don’t come here saying I should be banned for a month. 

And like I said, watch the video again, in the video I was barely given 2-3 seconds to manouver my vehicle. And calling me stupid won’t help either, whan I spawn in I expect Ghost Mode to keep me and other drivers around me safe. Which is the reason I even took my time uploading the video and creating this thread. 

You also claim distance cannot be measured, but the current timed ghost mode can? The current Ghost Mode begin while in the loading screen so you don’t really know when it started. While if distance was used instead that’d mean the player’s truck have to be in movement, which means you have to be fully loaded in. 

/EDIT: REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTATION. USE ^ or @<USER>. Which also means do not add the quote back and use the appropriate tools mentioned. Send me a PM if you need further justification.

/EDIT2: Ah, noted. I'm just so used to simply quote the person I'd reply to. But I see your point, will keep that in mind. 

The thing is, who’s to say that you haven’t edited your video to cut out you idling? Besides, everyone has an option when it comes to spawning in and saying you have no choice but to spawn on the road in that situation is like me saying I have to spawn in the middle of the Brussels-Rotterdam exit on the Calais Duisburg road. Sometimes, especially if you know the area you are In is prone to high traffic volumes, it’s best to take the hit and f7 enter, remove the load, fix your truck, spawn at a garage, get a new load. 

And yes, it is reckless because you decided it was fine to spawn in the road RELYING on the ghosting system to save you from being recorded and banned for causing a collision, except either your claim that the timing started while you were loading is true or you just took your sweet time moving, but either way, your presence in the middle of the road caused the glitch out and damage to all parties, so therefore you are at fault because, as I said before, you always have a choice on whether to load an auto save or not. 

Its easy to say, oh ghost mode should save me, but in reality it shouldn’t, you should save yourself by making the right choices and if you make the wrong choice, you get punished, that’s life, I mean, think of it this way, say irl you pull out into traffic without looking and cause a fatal accident, the police aren’t going to say “oh you naughty boy, here’s a fine and a telling off”, they’ll throw you in jail faster than you can say sorry, that’s how TMP should be treated, if you cause a wreck, whether by spawning in or not, you should except the responsibility and not blame everything else. It doesn’t matter if ghost mode is there or not, you should always treat it that ghost mode isn’t there and make your choice based on that fact. 

Also, measuring by distance, sure may sound easy, but it subject to situation, I mean, if you spawn in traffic, unless the distance allows you to reset in time, you’re screwed, if that’s the case it should always be the distance it takes to get a 120 tonne trailer from a dead stop to road speed (50-60 mph) with the weakest engine in the game, because there are so many variables to take into account that it’s not worth relying on, doesn’t matter if it’s timed or distance, there will be more situations where collision are enabled too soon and cause a wreck, no matter what is done. 

Tgis is is why I pioneer the idea of not allowing the player a chance to spawn into the server until they have successfully moved their truck and trailer fully off the roadway and sit stationary till they are connected, that way it eliminates the need for ghost mode and keeps people from spawning physically on the road impeding traffic. It’s a win win, people can load into autosaves, there is no worry about being damaged by someone spawned on the road, admins only have to deal with those who don’t move and those who don’t merge properly, which is done anyway. 

@Glada_Laxen & @megadethsteve666

the 2 of you have been arguing about this for close to a month now, I think the 2 of you should give it a rest. was it bad that he caused a wreck, yes, could it have been avoided by logging into single player, yes. are there times where ghost mode, is too short, yes. should there be a longer version of ghost mode, maybe. but my opinion is the 2 of you should give it a rest. it is Christmas time, you should be wishing each other a merry Christmas and a happy new year, not arguing about something stupid as this has become. my recommendation is if you still want to argue about it take it to private messages.

• True Story 1

@megadethsteve666

Do you even know the reason for this thread? This thread’s purpose is to implament a safer Ghost Mode so that what happened in my video does not repeat. I don’t understand why you are here arguing, we both want the same thing. I used an Autosave and I am very certain that the majority of players do the same, but since there are some faults to loading a save, as seen in my video, I proposed a solution. What exactly are you contributing by saying I’m stupid and should be banned? 

@ShadowWolf2k7

Yeah, I know. I’ve tried to explain to him the reason I made this thread. Let me add that it’s not for comedic purposes.

@Mr_Pingu

I loaded a autosave after being crashed off the road. 

Edited by Glada_Laxen

SHeDTix.png

Honestly I think the timer as it is is enough time. Perhaps it would be ideal if the old thing where if you're clipping you stay in ghost mode until you're not returned for the reasons of some people's computer being a tad sluggish with it all. But personally, I prefer seconds to distance, it makes it clearer in a lot of ways when it is likely to end.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@Glada_Laxen & @megadethsteve666

the 2 of you have been arguing about this for close to a month now, I think the 2 of you should give it a rest. was it bad that he caused a wreck, yes, could it have been avoided by logging into single player, yes. are there times where ghost mode, is too short, yes. should there be a longer version of ghost mode, maybe. but my opinion is the 2 of you should give it a rest. it is Christmas time, you should be wishing each other a merry Christmas and a happy new year, not arguing about something stupid as this has become. my recommendation is if you still want to argue about it take it to private messages.

Uh dude, I only joined this thread about 2-3 days ago.... check numbers.

sorry for the error.

23 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Tgis is is why I pioneer the idea of not allowing the player a chance to spawn into the server until they have successfully moved their truck and trailer fully off the roadway and sit stationary till they are connected, that way it eliminates the need for ghost mode and keeps people from spawning physically on the road impeding traffic. It’s a win win, people can load into autosaves, there is no worry about being damaged by someone spawned on the road, admins only have to deal with those who don’t move and those who don’t merge properly, which is done anyway. 

this would be a good idea in theory, how ever, there are areas that are collisions zones that ghost mode is still useful such as some job site and service areas. also in ETS, depending on where you are, you cant completely get off the road, and coming to a complete stop and then the server logging you in and not being in ghost mode in one of those areas would be reckless as well. with that point you just pointed out why ghost mode is needed.

16 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

@megadethsteve666

Do you even know the reason for this thread? This thread’s purpose is to implament a safer Ghost Mode so that what happened in my video does not repeat. I don’t understand why you are here arguing, we both want the same thing. I used an Autosave and I am very certain that the majority of players do the same, but since there are some faults to loading a save, as seen in my video, I proposed a solution. What exactly are you contributing by saying I’m stupid and should be banned? 

@ShadowWolf2k7

Yeah, I know. I’ve tried to explain to him the reason I made this thread. Let me add that it’s not for comedic purposes.

@Mr_Pingu

I loaded a autosave after being crashed off the road. 

But what you are proposing doesn’t solve the issue at all, all it does is essentially allow anyone to sit in the road fo4 as long as possible and ghost, easy tool for trolls to sit on the last few metres or so and then move so that they block or glitch into someone passing by, it’s the same with timed ghost mode.

thats why I said, you should rely on ghost mode to save you because it’s not effective, whether it’s measured in minutes, seconds, metres, inches, yards, miles, hours etc etc, you’ll still get the same issues no matter what, you’ll still have the chance of “having no time to move” as you say.

and I’m not arguing, I’m just saying that your suggested idea is just as bad if not worse than what we have currently for a multitude of reasons. What’s need is something different, something that takes the long, laborious process of going into singleplayer to move 100 ft, but keeping it on the server without effecting traffic flow because it’s obvious ghostmode is not the solution no matter the unit used. 

As for you being banned? I can guarantee if someone had reported you specifically for what happened, you would get bannned because, as I said before, it was your choice to choose to respawned using an auto save, it was your choice to essentially spawn in the middle of the road, it was your choice to put 100% confidence into a last chance, backup system..

As you say, many use autosaves, but personally, the best way to play is to stop at either every fuel station or every rest area and then save a separate save file (I name mine “wreck recovery” to distinguish it from the other saves) then if something happens and I need to respawned, I’m not in the roadway nor do I lose too much progress. If everyone got into the habit of doing so, even if it’s every couple of stop areas, that means you ha e as a e that’s relatively recent to drive from, plus you can always change routes to avoid any trolls you encountered and get out of the area.  

3 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

sorry for the error.

this would be a good idea in theory, how ever, there are areas that are collisions zones that ghost mode is still useful such as some job site and service areas. also in ETS, depending on where you are, you cant completely get off the road, and coming to a complete stop and then the server logging you in and not being in ghost mode in one of those areas would be reckless as well. with that point you just pointed out why ghost mode is needed.

The thing is, it’s better than suddenly slamming into someone sat in the middle of the road. Plus, you can always combine the 2 systems to give you extra protection. Furthermore, my system is not distance based, it’s time based, allowing you a specific amount of time to move to a safe location, thus avoiding the issue of being in a bad area to pull off on.

After watching the video i can you say that some one rammed you in C - D road in EU2 server. First basic thing when someone get rammed and have 50% damage is press F7 + Enter and solve. second mistake what you did was reloading previous auto save on while driving on highly populate area.Due to your mistakes 3 trailers got damaged:(. After reloading your save at 0.03 sec if you see tab there are 78 members near you and you had 11 sec time to press f7+enter. To be honest if everyone uses properly then present ghost time is more than enough. well if you are having a small specs PC all you have to do is load in SP drive to safe place then reload back in MP. you have got many options but you have choose wrong option.

i am not sure may be in future ghost mode time might increase but presently some people are misusing the ghost mode like they are driving though the trucks.Ghost mode is added to reduce the crashes when some spawn/load on main road

Sorry off topic but its funny to see you are driving 61 ton heavy cargo trailer with 4x2 Chassis truck:wacko:.Its never a good idea to drive heavy cargo trailer with 4x2 chassis. i will always recommend to use 6x4 or 8x4 chassis depending on weight of trailer as they are best to control the trailer:).

• Upvote 1

UxiKSFa.png

@megadethsteve666

If Ghost Mode ends with a certain distance what happens in my video can be prevented completely. With Ghost Mode as it is now, when you spawn in, even when you are in Ghost Mode players swerve around you. Players usually do not risk driving through you when you just spawned in, they either stop or drive around you. So using a distance to end Ghost Mode is still the safest option. 

And no, you cannot be banned for spawning in, it is not in the rules and non-existing rules cannot and should not be enforced. However excessively loading a save can get you punished, but me loading a save once is not punishable. 

And moving right as the Ghost Mode ends to have someone crash, I find very unlikely. In order for that to happen you’d need to drive just before the specific distance. That means you have driven on the road for a while, fully loaded in etc. if a player is to crash into them at that time it’d be their fault as they drove recklessly fast unable to stop or someone not keeping their distance. It can also be a case of blocking if they are stopped for too long. But nothing that’d be the Ghost Mode’s fault. 

@Ajith18592

I was just relying on Ghost Mode to work as intended to keep me and the players around me safe while spawning in. As you can see that did not work, if a distance was added to the Ghost Mode what happened in my video would be prevented completely. I also enjoy driving heavy cargo with trucks not really built for it as it makes it a bit of a challange. :)

Edited by Glada_Laxen

SHeDTix.png

In my opinion @Glada_Laxen you SHOULD NOT be respawn in the high traffic area such that shown on your video. Simply as you said it 

It is impossible to move 60t vehicle within 3 seconds...

So TruckersMP Terms should contain that point:

It is FORBIDDEN to respawn your vehicle in Heavy Traffic Area unless it is a service or No Colission Area!!

Then everyone respect that rule and there would be clear situation. Of course people still would need to go to SP to respawn and drive to safe place but that point will help others claiming reckless driving if it goes to the Report.

And there is no need for GHOS MODE time to be lifted. It is long enough.

Why should spawning with certain cargos should be prohibited? We do have a ghost mode. It's purpose is to avoid collisions when players are spawning and to allow players to spawn anywhere on the map without being afraid of crashing in someone.

But the ghost mode does not accomplish its purpose yet. But instead of saying "ok, the easiest way is to apply the advantages of the ghost mode only for certain types of cargo and for certain pc specs and for certain areas", we should improve the ghost mode, so its advantages work for everyone.

A question to these two posts:

13 hours ago, Ajith18592 said:

second mistake what you did was reloading previous auto save on while driving on highly populate area.

1 hour ago, DanioUK said:

In my opinion @Glada_Laxen you SHOULD NOT be respawn in the high traffic area such that shown on your video.

Why not?

I repeat: WE DO HAVE A GHOST MODE. It's just not working properly. Because: In fact, nothing should happen when you spawn there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DanioUK said:

In my opinion @Glada_Laxen you SHOULD NOT be respawn in the high traffic area such that shown on your video. Simply as you said it 

So TruckersMP Terms should contain that point:

It is FORBIDDEN to respawn your vehicle in Heavy Traffic Area unless it is a service or No Colission Area!!

Then everyone respect that rule and there would be clear situation. Of course people still would need to go to SP to respawn and drive to safe place but that point will help others claiming reckless driving if it goes to the Report.

And there is no need for GHOS MODE time to be lifted. It is long enough.

But why add a rule that would punish users instead of implementing something that would simply prevent the entire issue? 

It's healthier for the community and playerbase if people were given features that safetly let them spawn where they want rather than banning users for just spawning in. New members may not be familiar with the Heavily trafficked areas in TruckersMP, Bergen - Oslo or Europoort - Rotterdam used to be very trafficked but now it's pretty normal and there are other areas that are the same. 

• True Story 1

SHeDTix.png

12 hours ago, Glada_Laxen said:

@megadethsteve666

If Ghost Mode ends with a certain distance what happens in my video can be prevented completely. With Ghost Mode as it is now, when you spawn in, even when you are in Ghost Mode players swerve around you. Players usually do not risk driving through you when you just spawned in, they either stop or drive around you. So using a distance to end Ghost Mode is still the safest option. 

And no, you cannot be banned for spawning in, it is not in the rules and non-existing rules cannot and should not be enforced. However excessively loading a save can get you punished, but me loading a save once is not punishable. 

And moving right as the Ghost Mode ends to have someone crash, I find very unlikely. In order for that to happen you’d need to drive just before the specific distance. That means you have driven on the road for a while, fully loaded in etc. if a player is to crash into them at that time it’d be their fault as they drove recklessly fast unable to stop or someone not keeping their distance. It can also be a case of blocking if they are stopped for too long. But nothing that’d be the Ghost Mode’s fault. 

It doesn’t matter whether you use distance or time, people will still swerve or stop which will cause wrecks, primary cause: someone spawning in the roadway. Time you can easily bum0 up to take into account loading times etc, distance is more dangerous because unless you account for every truck and trailer combo and how safe it is for them to leave ghost mod at that specific time, you may as well scrap ghost mode in that configuration.

you may not be able to be directly banned for using an auto save, but if it’s considered to be in a high traffic area or indeed causes either damage directly to a fellow driver or as a result of them avoiding you spawning in, then honestly, you should be punished because you are essentially blocking the roadway and essentially causing collisions AND spawning within a high traffic area, which can be deemed as troll status. 

Believe me, it may seem “unlikely” to you, but if you’ve been a part of TMP/ETS2MP as long as I have, you tend to get a feeling for what can and cannot happen from a situation and if distance is a measurement, a troll can easily save in a spot, spawn in, drive to within a certain distance of the end point of the ghost mode, wait till s unsuspecting driver is about to pass, then they just move their truck so that they block the lane as they leave ghost mode and that causes the victim truck to either take avoiding action and wreck or slam into them. It’s why a agree with those who say spawning on the road should be bannable because it’s too dangerous to other players, save/load from a fuel or rest area.

here is a solution, ban anyone that spawns in, in a collision zone, problem solved, or is it? since I do not have any dlc map packs for ETS I am unaware if there are any job site collision zones in them, excluding the streets and the highways. but I do have the 2 state dlcs for ATS and I do know for a fact there are collision zones that are not a street/highway. the solution I just posted is basicly what you are proposing with loading an auto save on a road. a road is a collision zone, load a save there and you are banned.

how about everyone stop attacking each other and find a solution that will work for everyone. at this point you may not like what I posted as a solution, but it would do exactly what was proposed by others above me along with banning people that would other wise think they were in an area that is safe to load in. and an FYI 0 fuel stations that I have come across in ETS are NCZs. so spawning in there would be bannable as well. only safe places would be service stations, garages or job sites, which there are some as I have said that are collision zones.