Border Controls and Closed Borders?

Goldeneye152

Hi dear community.

I would like to tell you something, which is very topical right now.

At present, many players are using the Skoda on the road and block border crossings and demand that players stop. They always say "STOP BORDER CONTROL"

I was also "controlled". I wanted to drive from Strasbourg to Mannheim and then stood on the border two skodas with pilot skin and said "Stop".

At the moment the border between Duisburg and Amsterdam is also blocked. At the German-Dutch border crossing stood two cars and said "border closed".

I know that there are no moderators etc but are they allowed to be "border guards"?

Have you already experienced that?

It is forbidden by in-game rule:

§3.1 Username/Tag/Avatar

Having inappropriate usernames/tags/avatars including those with insults, usernames with no text, any with swearing in them, names matching administration, law enforcement organizations, any current living or deceased political leader, otherwise inappropriate content and symbols, or similar. This also includes tags or usernames that would indicate that you are a "Forum Mod", "TS3 Admin", "Admin", "Police", "Security" or similar and in any language.

Hi @Goldeneye152

This is not allowed,have been specified in the game rules.Nobody can stop you except the administrator.

§3.3 Impersonating Administration

It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police.

Hello Goldeneye,

you said that

1 hour ago, Goldeneye152 said:

there are no moderators etc

So I just want to add something - even if I did that, it would not be allowed as all official in-game rules apply to everybody. The only exception is made for people who have the In-Game Admin rank either as a part of their TruckersMP rank or because that is their only rank.

If you ever see a Media, Support or Moderation Team member violating any rule, complain about them using the feedback system as you cannot report staff.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

No they shouldn't be there stopping anyone unless they are Admins of course. All you have to say is "You'll be stopped for a long time if you don't move, I'm recording" I guarantee they will start moving and be off like a shot, the majority of the time anyway. I always have "recording" as a tag anyway just incase they try something, it doesn't always stop them but most of the time they move on.

This is definetly not OK. Thats impersonating an admin, blocking and abuse of Pilot paintjob. All borders in Europe are freely open - in reallife, in game. They are not allowed or to "control" you and make pull over you. Better just ignore them and report them. It may be that they start to chase you and ram you, you could try in this situation F7. Only admins are allowed to do this, but only, if there is a REAL reason and necessary situation. Example: Calais-Duisburg. Is for example in Louxembourg extreme traffic, admins are allowed to block the borders and let only players leave the country and block the borders that they can't F7 into the city.

I have experienced this several times, and sometimes it goes wayyyy beyond what is mentioned in this thread. I have been asked to do things such as prove that my skin color is white, that my religion is not jewish, and even on one isolated occasion that I have "The Lord's Prayer" memorized. On one occasion I was "border blocked" and told I'd only be allowed through if I could prove that I have never reported another player. Equally disturbing is that often times this is kids with squeaky voices. What kind of parenting do they have!? Every time I have reported in-game but in-game reporting has been rendered totally useless as of late. 

however I am experiencing an issue with the game not always cooperating with my recording software. For whatever reason, after some time, Shadow Play likes to stop recording video and only record audio in ETS2/ATS. At first I thought this was due to me using my old potato, but now that I have a brand new modern gaming PC and it still does it... not sure what's up with that. So I think I'm going to have to find another software to record for the reporting system.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

@MadCowTransport Best thing you can do is ignore them. If they have your vehicle stuck in a blockade and start asking questions or telling you to do this or that, just don't answer (the only time I suffered this situation I only said "Smile for the video, please", and the 2 idiots drove away like rockets, too late I'm afraid). And if after a while they haven´t left, out of boredom, you can just hit the F7 to teleport to the nearest repair station or even quit the game, change to another server and drive for some minutes and then go back to the previous one, far away from the trolls.

About the nVidia Share issue, I 'm afraid that I can't help, mine is working fine, the only times it stops working is when there's a new version of GeForce Experience pending installation. Truth is that I only use the "Instant Replay" option, recording full trips would require a new several TB HDD, exclusively for the videos.

Hi,

Tell them you are going to report them. That also happened to me, I just told them: "You do not let me pass and I report it and you know it's recorded, I just need to put in the chat
"pinfo" You'll see if you let me follow my route, it's your problem. "And there, with a lot of fear, he opens up space and says" calm. "If you see people like that. 

I recommend you to respect yourself on the routes and above all that others respect the rules of the game.

Regards.

can not block roads and prevent the passage of vehicles, as has been said or can not do this, why will any player do?
record and report them.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:19 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@MadCowTransport Best thing you can do is ignore them. If they have your vehicle stuck in a blockade and start asking questions or telling you to do this or that, just don't answer (the only time I suffered this situation I only said "Smile for the video, please", and the 2 idiots drove away like rockets, too late I'm afraid). And if after a while they haven´t left, out of boredom, you can just hit the F7 to teleport to the nearest repair station or even quit the game, change to another server and drive for some minutes and then go back to the previous one, far away from the trolls.

About the nVidia Share issue, I 'm afraid that I can't help, mine is working fine, the only times it stops working is when there's a new version of GeForce Experience pending installation. Truth is that I only use the "Instant Replay" option, recording full trips would require a new several TB HDD, exclusively for the videos.

Yeah I only use replay as well. I don't know why it does this. It's not like I find out about it until I watch the video either lol. Maybe I just have my recording quality settings set too high. My card can handle the settings I have it at but maybe it just needs to be a little less stressed during recording. Anyway, cheers for the reply :)

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived