Kicked for AFK in shop?

Savantster

Question

So, I was in the shop after a mission/job.. I went to the "purchase truck"/dealer thing, and was messing about with options for the truck. I noticed a red message show up on the bottom left that said "you must move within one minute or you will be kicked from the server".. I went back to the shop (left the dealer) and brought up the job board.. and got a "you have been kicked from the server for being away from keyboard"..

After my last job, when it showed me back in the shop.. was I not in the shop? And if I was in the shop, why am I being flagged as AFK if I'm actively configuring a truck for purchase? Did I do something wrong? I'm I going to get in trouble for trying to buy a truck on MP (was I actually blocking someone somehow?)..

Just confused.. any info for me?

Edited by MettleMeat
Removed profanity abbreviation.

7 answers to this question

It is normal, you are not in trouble only the system of the game is to give Kick to anyone who is not active during the game, when editing a truck, or being on the game options screen the keyboard is not active, this case is normal.
You just have to do it as quickly as possible so that this does not happen.

Suggestion

When you are somewhere parked and show you the kick message in 1 minute
do not write a space, it's simpler to open the chat - and write /p to see the players on the server.
Sometimes write a space in the chat they give it as spam.

Regards

Edited by T.J.BDr'Dri
  • Thanks 1

You didn't do anything wrong. The servers are programmed to automatically kick any players whose truck/car don't move within 5 minutes (I think it is 5, I could be remembering the time wrong) or don't type anything in the chat within that time span. This is done for a few reasons, mainly to make room for other players to connect (in the event the server is too full, for example, so players who are not playing but just taking up a slot can give way to someone who will actually play) and to prevent someone from blocking the road while not being near their computer for some reason. The system cannot currently identify if a player is doing something in the menus of the game so that is why you got auto-kicked while purchasing a truck.

To get around this, you can simply open up the chat, hit Space once and then Enter (or just type anything, really) every few minutes. This will reset your AFK counter and the server will give you more time and not kick you.

• Thanks 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Hello Friend.

You should buy a truck without any thing on your truck and move

them to the service and can work on it but keep a eye for the

red message. Should you get the message type into the Chat

(Y --> open the Chat,  type into the chat /p and enter)

then you can´t get kicked for 3 minutes.

Greetings

I guess that covers it. If it is the generic "idle/AFK" mechanism and it won't count against me, then all is good. I was just confused by the "move" message when I didn't own a vehicle at the time; but I suspect that's a canned message given that most people are in a vehicle at almost all times in this kind of game :)

If there's a way to "mark this answered", I'm not seeing it.. but consider it ANSWERED.. Thanks guys!