Do you think setting brake intensity to 100% helps?

[VIVA] ExDe707

I find that 100% braking intensity leads to the lack of being able to stop in a smooth fashion, such as pulling up to traffic lights and tolls. I'd rather be able to temper my braking as I approach an object, than suddenly stop and causing someone to rear end me. Doesn't seem to be too many instances where you have to stop on a dime anyway. Just need to pay attention. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends how you drive, if you do exceed the speed-limit by a fair amount, often I do think you should have the braking intensity reasonably high so you don't collide with stationary traffic. I personally don't tend to go too far over the limit, I'd have to check what my braking intensity is set at but think it's about 75%.

Kind regards,

Matthew

I have my braking intensity at about 1/4 because 0 is to low and unrealistic but 100% is to much. It gives me a more realistic situation and it gives me a bit of a challenge, but its quite annoying when people drive with 100% brake intensity since you dont get time to react if you are close to the person

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

I don't think it's very helpful to modulate 100 percent of the truck's brake strength, because I think that's the wrong choice. In reality, the brakes don't stop as quickly as they do in the game. But I think you can try to lower the brake strength and make it a little bigger so that you don't have to rush on the brakes.

To do a sacred thing, one must work hard, and I know some rules.

when you are driving a scout car then i would recommend 100% braking intensity. but for truck NO. reason after watching your video i can say there was no truck behind you. If there was a truck he would have rammed you.keeping 100 % braking intensity just causes more issues. when you are driving a truck then i would recommend 50% braking intensity.:)

UxiKSFa.png

I personally have my brake intensity at 20%.

Personally, At 100% it does not look like simulation game , like driving 140 km / h in a truck but it remains my opinion.

For having played a lot on EU2, I agree with you, 100% is necessary for a lot of player ^-^

What about trailer brakes, do you recommend and do you use them? I saw option in settings but never tried it. :)

And yea, TMP is trucking simulator, but if there is an option to not have a crash and not to cancel job, I would use it to its maximum.

Maybe it is not realistic, but dang it, it can help you not to get crewed by some Scout idiot.

personally I do not think that 100% is needed, if you know what you are doing and how your truck handles. I have mine set to around 10 to 15% and if I need to stop faster I use the trailer brakes along with the truck brakes. I haven't had to use the trailer brakes to stop my truck very often since I started playing MP. the last time I had to use them it was in ATS, and was the result of another person wrecking. even with a 10 to 15% braking intensity I still stopped about 100m short of the other person.

@El Gaviota Sure it helps your truck stop faster but it really just turns you into a danger for other players.  If players could drive at a reasonable speed there would be no need to slam on your brakes.  Hell, my biggest issue in game is getting rear ended because I will just downshift and use the engine braking to coast and most players seem incapable of paying attention to changes in traffic.

Archived