Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Do you think setting brake intensity to 100% helps?

[VIVA] ExDe707

Personally, I believe max brake intensity is really helpful and everyone should incorporate this. Here is a (bad) example demonstrating how powerful your brakes are on maximum intensity:

https://plays.tv/s/LWXBpO4jhRTo

I do not encourage driving at high speeds. If you brake, do not steer as you will immedietally lose control. I drove fast because the road was empty before I got to the station. An unnecessary endeavor, I'll admit, but still, max brake intensity saved me  and everyone else there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I personally have my brake intensity on max all of the time.

It is also useful if you go extremely high above the speed-limit on C-D road (as shown within your video ;))

I feel that it can be a necessity depending upon your driving style, control etc.

In response to your last statement regarding braking, I'd advise to brake before corners and not on them.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hello @ExDe707,

you are making a fair point there. It is of crucial importance to know that, especially when wanting to drive the 'Scout' car which is available in the multiplayer. Its brakes are really not the best but when having the braking intensity set to 100% it is much better. Besides not recommending to drive that car at all, it will help to prevent possible accidents if you have the capability to brake immediately.

Personally, I have already done that. Not for the trucks, though, but when I drive the car, I always do that. Encouraging players to do that as well is something which needs more stressing. :)

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

Hi @ExDe707,

Yes, that is a very good idea. I already did that and it actually helps. It would be helpful if everybody would do that to avoid much accidents.
As you can see in the video you both would not get damage on that situation and if your break intensity would be lower, you may would hit him and you both got damage.

-Shawk2k50

It's definately a need for most players in EU#2 or EU#3 servers and it should be a must for players driving cars. Personally, I have both the brake intensity and trailer stability in their default values. I do WoT jobs, so my speed is limited to 90 Km/h max and most of the time I drive slower than that (I like to follow the real speed limits for each road or specific trailers). The only times I've rear-ended other players where due to a LAG spike or the truck ahead being hit heads-on and thrown into mine.

Following the speed limit helps, believe it or not. Doing 140km/h+ in a 50, in a lorry, does not. That being said, my braking intensity is around 25-30% and I play with an Xbox One controller. I have no issues with coming into contact with other players because I can't stop in time. It's also beneficial to follow users in front of you at a distance.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I keep my braking intensity at 100% all the time :P I put it to 100% when driving the car as you really need it at 100% for the car and just left it there and its very useful for the trucks too :) It also helps when you speed like me :P but of course part of speeding is knowing when to slow down for slower traffic, corners, junctions etc and having brakes at 100% helps too :) You should always slow down before approaching corners tho and not use heavy braking when you are at the corner ;) There is also noting wrong with driving at high speed but you need to know/learn how to control your truck/car at high speed and if you do drive at high speed it s better to have braking at 100%

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I've got mine at 100%. People can say what they want about people with it at 100% and act holier than thou because they're on some low intensity, but the reality is that even at the speed limits, 100% is far more useful. I've been saved plenty of times when some idiot has pulled out right in front of me or swerved over onto my side of the road simply because I've had it 100%. If I were rocking it as low as 30%, especially with the heavier loads, I wouldn't've stood a chance.

I don't have 100% on because I'm doing 4000 MPH. I have it on because people don't know how to drive in this game, and it saves us all the hassle of TPing to the garage.

Hey,

mostly im driving on high-speed like 100 km/h or so on, so it helps me many times, if im driving into a curve and see that i dont get it without slowing down.

But (sadly :C) rarely, if i brake to hard, my truck and trailer is slidering around like ice-skater, so i have to look out how hard i can press my brakes - finding an perfect midpoint between controlled, but hard braking is a matter of its own. experience is useful^^

greetings

I've got my braking sensitivity on the highest too, what bothers me is that if I just try to break slightly and not completely stop I can't seem to time that correctly and I usually come to a grinding halt while looking like a total idiot :D But yea in sudden dangerous situations it's very helpful.

On 11/25/2017 at 1:00 PM, ScaniaFan89 said:

mr volvo is at it again in his car brake checking people on the cd road......thank god mr fh has powerful brakes! 

This video reminded me one similar video but with "real" dangerous.

Spoiler

I have brake intensity on 100% too. Sometimes can this helped me to brake faster in whatever situation. I can only recommend this setting to set to 100%.

I always set the breaking intensity to 100% when i'm in the Scout cars as the braking system in the cars are rubbish. If those brakes were added into a real car in real life and it needed to stop and not hit someone the person they were trying NOT to hit would die as they'd be sent flying across the road and die. I never set the braking intensity on my truck to 100% as it just messes up my game, so 100% for cars and around 55% for trucks :) or don't speed!

It's not needed for trucks, but for the Scout, however, it's a must to have the sensitivity set to 100%. If you leave it at the default sensitivity then good luck getting it stopped in time, unless if you don't exceed approximately 0 mph/kph.

And to your last bit, braking while steering at speed is possible but requires skill. But even if have it, don't do it, it's not a racing game after all and you shouldn't be speeding in the first place ;)

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

It is a good option to leave the brakes in 100%, but if everyone walked with caútela, still walking fast, but with care, respect to the other truckers, no doubt to leave at 100% would not be necessary. But it's a good idea, I leave mine at 50% but I'll start to see the possibility of leaving it at 100% to check what the gameplay would look like.

Archived