Possible optmization

Question

Hey guys. Sometimes I experience random FPS drops in-game, not always in high populated areas.

Does anyone know a way to optimize the game? Maybe a program, or something to help get the FPS better?

I run the game on ULTRA, have tried to lower my graphics but it makes no difference.

PC Specs:

AMD FX(tm) 8320 Eight-Core-Processor (vishera)

16GB RAM (16GB usable)

64bits operating system.

GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Motherboard: 990XA-UD3 R5 (Gigabyte) 

256GB SSD (game instaled on SSD, main)

Any help is welcome!!!

13 answers to this question

Hello @chevytime, if you encounter these FPS drops in multiplayer only, it may be caused by cabin accessories of the other players (especially in high populated areas they can have a significant influence on your PC performance). A simple solution for solving this issue is to disable those accessories for other trucks on Multiplayer. In order to do so just connect to a TMP server -> Press 'Tab' -> Right-click and then click onto the settings symbol on the bottom left of your tab-screen -> Untick 'Load accessories' and 'Load flags' (especially the flags can be quite performance-heavy) and try if that solves your problem.

Another reason for lags can be the lack of having DLCs on your account that are used very often by the community. Because what happens if you encounter players online that are using DLCs (like paintjobs, accessories, trailers) which you don't have in your library is that the game replaces it with objects that you have in your library. Obviously this can result in quite some work for your PC if it has to do this several times at very busy areas of the map. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent short FPS drops from happening, that are caused by this lack of content, without having to purchase the most common DLCs (but usually the frame drops are not all that bad, so please just purchase additional content for the game only if you really want to have it!).

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Please read this topic

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

Hey! :) Can we get more informations?

-> Only in the SP / MP?

-> How long are the drops

-> In which Framerate drops it?

-> Which Framerate is "normal"?

- Try to verify your game files

- Reinstall the MP

- Try to play without VSync

- Launch the Game as 'Administrator'

- Launch the game with DirectX!

Regards, GGF MD! :) 

Edited by GGF MD

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Everyone just about sees that FPS drops in high populated areas due to so many players being in one spot if you want to boost your CPU are FPS I recommend downing your Graphics Down is your in-game settings and test your FPS and watch them go up tho you will suffer graphics for the FPS Boost you will gain more FPS's also I can Recommend A CPU Booster Program on overclocking your CPU if you wish to help boost the performance I recommend Throttle stop -  https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/ it's 100% free and is easy to use program to help boost your FPS in Games with out turning Graphics. Thank you - Ray Offical Happy Trucking! I hope this helped. 

Hi @chevytime.

A couple of questions would help explain your problem:

• Does the problem also occur in single player mode?
  • Do the FPS drop in any specific area of the map (eg. roads within France)?
  • Do FPS drop every certain time or is it random?

In TruckersMP, FPS drops usually occur in areas where many users are concentrated.

In the game in general, FPS tend to drop when traveling in an area with a high density of objects or vegetation.

Greetings.

Honestly i have a feeling that you random FPS drops are caused by cabin accessories mighty griffin led's or daf led's plus if you in hight populated areas. 

But i think it could also be caused by when you on the motorway you have a lot of trees on the sides and all they can cause FPS drops because of the texture and graphic quality as they like to rob your computer FPS. Hope i have helped you .

- Don't judge a book by its cover

/locked and moved to inactive topics due to inactivity.

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules