Multiplayer Distance

[T.R.G] - Hasblack!

Question

Hello, greetings to all.

I have the following problem:

Sometimes I do not appear players in the multiplayer, however other players if they see me, but I do not.

I also do not know if it is normal that I see players more than 3.000 meters away.

After playing 20 minutes I get the message that I have been disconnected from the server because my ping is very high, I have a 100 MB connection and live in Mexico.

I already reinstall my network driver and it seems to solve the problem, but now I see the players far away.

I hope you can help me, thank you.

Sin título.png

8 answers to this question

Hi. @[T.R.G] - Hasblack!.

For the case of the 3000km+: I consider it normal, it has happened to me in certain areas, I do not see that it means a serious problem that I let it pass. Take it as a benefit to know how far away the other players are.

For the case of the ping: this problem does not have to do with the speed of Internet but yes with the quality of your connection. Some ISP (companies that give you internet) have a poor infrastructure that causes micro-cuts in the connection which makes the ping too high for a few seconds, also known as type T3 errors. The system that gets the average ping in TruckersMP is extremely sensitive to this, which is why each micro-cut raises the ping to 5000ms (depending on how long that micro-cut is) and removes you from the game. Solving this only depends on your ISP improving the quality of their networks.

You can also present this problem when you are watching a live streaming video, listening to an online radio or any game with a persistent connection.

(Another reason, although less likely, given that your 57ms ping is pretty good, is that in your network overload the Internet at those times with downloads, Twitch, YouTube, Torrent, Netflix, etc. That can increase your ping while performing such activities.)

On the other hand, remember that there is a subforum in Spanish in case you need help expressed in that language in the future.

Greetings.

Howdy Hasblack. My ping is about 30ms in the game. I also see other drivers at this distance. The issue with the Driver list at 3000m is not related to your internet speed. As far as other players not seeing you, Before you log into the game go here 

https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/   and select a server in the mid west U.S. this will show your true internet speed. Hope this helps.

24 minutes ago, [T.R.G] - Hasblack! said:

Hello, greetings to all.

I have the following problem:

Sometimes I do not appear players in the multiplayer, however other players if they see me, but I do not.

I also do not know if it is normal that I see players more than 3.000 meters away.

After playing 20 minutes I get the message that I have been disconnected from the server because my ping is very high, I have a 100 MB connection and live in Mexico.

I already reinstall my network driver and it seems to solve the problem, but now I see the players far away.

I hope you can help me, thank you.

Sin título.png

ESP

Hola men
No es normal, yo soy Colombiano y pues me va bien, he tratado con gente Mexicana y me han contado de tu mismo problema, lo que me dicen es que la posibles soluciones son:

• Reinstalar el mod.
  • Apagar y encender el router de tu internet
  • O llamar al soporte de tu operador de internet. ya que aveces se trata de tu plan o simplemente de la velocidad de red.

Saludos.

ENG

Hey men
It's not normal, I'm Colombian and I'm doing well, I've dealt with Mexican people and they've told me about your problem, what they tell me is that the possible solutions are:

• Reinstall mod.
  • Turn off and turn on your internet router
  • Or call the support of your internet operator. since sometimes it is your plan or simply the network speed.

Greetings.

Dear @[T.R.G] - Hasblack!, as already mentioned: Seeing players in your tab list that are several thousand meters away is rather common since a few updated of the TMP-launcher. I am getting the same results every now and then (even though i could not discover any consistency here yet, as sometimes i only see players within the 'normal' rendering range of about ~600m, and the next time it's 6000+ meters). But you've gotta be careful: Sometimes this issue goes hand in hand with a server issue that will make you see other players, but they can not see you in return.

You can check this by putting commands in the in-game chat (for example '/players' or anything similar) or just any message in general. If the chat gives you nothing back after hitting enter, please try to restart the game as the other players can't see you then and will probably just drive straight through your truck on your screen! This issue has already happened a few times (i have experienced it on my own), but unfortunately we do not have any solution for it yet (but it is not permanent, so this is rather a temporary problem that fixes itself after some time).

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel