Truck stops when using text chat with mouse steering

Moh_

Hello,

Mod Version: Version 0.2.2.1.1

Updater Version: 1.0.0.4

Description:

As a person that plays the game using mouse steering, I have come across a bug where the truck stops the moment I open the chat window with a trailer attached to my truck. If no trailer is attached, I can use text chat with the truck driving normally. The video below shows me driving with no trailer and talking in chat, followed by driving with a trailer and talking in chat.

Thanks.

Edited by Moh_

This is something built into the SCS engine iirc. This happens if you open the Console too. It basically helps those who want to use WASD or other keys when typing a message, but don't want to interfere with their truck. Really, you should be pulled over when you are typing a message :troll:

So really, this isn't a bug on TMP's side, yes the trailer thing is weird, but it's all the same principle iirc :D

Hope this answers your question :D

1 hour ago, Mrs.Beyza said:

Speed is declining. :)

Not true. If I set the cruise control with no trailer, the cruise control remains set. 

47 minutes ago, KeikoDeer said:

This is something built into the SCS engine iirc. This happens if you open the Console too. It basically helps those who want to use WASD or other keys when typing a message, but don't want to interfere with their truck. Really, you should be pulled over when you are typing a message :troll:

So really, this isn't a bug on TMP's side, yes the trailer thing is weird, but it's all the same principle iirc :D

Hope this answers your question :D

The console bug is different though. When you open the console, you lose all focus of the keyboard mappings with the inputs remaining fixed relative to what you were pressing before hitting the console key, where as with the in-game chat, it's a case of the truck only braking with a trailer attached, but other inputs working as intended (e.g. mouse steering).

Edited by Moh_

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.