Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Information messages in GPS

Marteorito

Suggestion Name: Add an alert in gps with indications from admin/police.

Suggestion Description: Like the traffic fines, it would be interesting to implement an alert management system in area sent by administrators or police, in order to control traffic using a universal system such as signals. These are understood independently of the language spoken. Aditionaly can be use an recording message like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4N-yLtOeOo

Any example images: 

congestion.png

lights.jpg

STAY.jpg

Why should it be added?: It would be a more effective system than messages in the chat

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

I don't know if this can be done but it's a great idea. Not so sure about "These are understood independently of the language spoken" though, many people don't understand the signs on the road, they won't understand these either. But they definately would be a lot more helpful than the current messages in the chat, that at some moments (and specially in some places) many people can miss because of the overflow in the chat. You have my +1

• Upvote 2

This is a great idea since it will be like the roadside variable message signs which you can see in reality. An addition to your idea @Marteorito but you could also add traffic duration alerts to tell other players how long it will take to get from one place to another on the same motorway such as the example below. However, this could take up a lot of server processing power if you take into consideration of how many alerts are going to be sent to each player especially in the Benelux area. 

Example: https://goo.gl/PaeMkM

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't know if this can be done but it's a great idea. Not so sure about "These are understood independently of the language spoken" though, many people don't understand the signs on the road, they won't understand these either. But they definately would be a lot more helpful than the current messages in the chat, that at some moments (and specially in some places) many people can miss because of the overflow in the chat. You have my +1

Thanks for the feedback, but yeah, the truth is that many people do not know the signs, but if they are playing a truck simulator it is the same as buying 10 kilos of cacahutes and being allergic :huh:. I think someone (or me :lol:) could make a small visual guide by looking at the most relevant signals.

And thanks for the +1 ;)

Edited by Marteorito
little error

51 minutes ago, VortexHauler said:

This is a great idea since it will be like the roadside variable message signs which you can see in reality. An addition to your idea @Marteorito but you could also add traffic duration alerts to tell other players how long it will take to get from one place to another on the same motorway such as the example below. However, this could take up a lot of server processing power if you take into consideration of how many alerts are going to be sent to each player especially in the Benelux area. 

Example: https://goo.gl/PaeMkM

Thanks for the feedback @VortexHauler :lol:

I love these idea, i think than can do a trailer for polices car that wear a variable messages, can do with time of arrival or diferente messages like, this image:

dsc00917.JPG

I love so much that idea, and i think that the two ideas can do something beautiful. ^_^

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VortexHauler said:

The administrators can also look at the traffic map based on where the reports are popping up on the map (Example below).

Example: https://goo.gl/QWCQL7 

But I guess this is just an idea for now.

Yeah! Awesome idea. I saw a web that use informations from ets2map.com and i think that its a good idea to use: https://traffic.krashnz.com/

The ETS2Map with information of theese web but graphically plus information about reports, i think that will be the same that your map. :D

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mr_Pingu said:

It would be nice to have but i think this is a suggestion for SCS to add not TMP 

I've also thought about it, but it would not be logical because if you drive at night without lights the game penalizes you, or for example the jams are caused in the multiplayer, if you do not modify the configuration I think I've never seen a jam except for a failure of the AI.

The vanilla game cant warning you for nothing i think.:wacko:

Edited by Marteorito

The reason why signs and traffic lights exist is to prevent crashes from happening. What's happening right now is people just seem to care about going fast with their 700hp+ engines and speeding to at least 170km/h. Obviously at that speed, we know what's going to happen. Whether it is a truck or a car, people just seem to have lost their minds. 

Back to main topic, this will help players who want to be warned about what is going on ahead. Currently, the text-based chat system just doesn't seem to be effective due to the amount of text chat especially in high population cities on EU#2. 

Edited by VortexHauler

spacer.png

This is a great idea, but I don't think it will personally be created and implemented by TMP. What you have to understand is, something like this would take up a hell of a lot of server space and I'm pretty sure with everything that is being added to SCS Games, that the servers are already holding a lot of memory on the TMP side. It would definitely be cool to see this in the Game and who knows, maybe they will add it and TMP will support it in the future. :P 

Can also go ahead and check out @[VIVA] Quad 's Topic:

Edited by The Flying Dutchman 2

If it’s a system that can be turned on and off by the user, then I don’t see an issue, but if it’s something that’s constantly going to pop up, then it’s going to be annoying, especially when driving IN populated areas where your focus needs to be out of the front window and in the side mirrors, not looking at some screen or pop up message, to me this would be more of a hazard, especially with the rate in which people get distracted reading things onscreen. 

If admin messages were displayed away away from chat but not intrude into the screen clutter that causes so many wrecks, then that would be cool, but if it’s something that blares out at you and takes up another part of the screen, then no thanks, especially if it’s something that can potentially block the GPS, which brings me onto a alternate solution to help keep spacing in populated areas. As many of us run with the player markers turned on, why not make them: a) more readable when densely paxt together b. make them dynamic so that they can show spacing between each vehicle in view by displaying each marker a different colour shade to indicate their distance from each other with a colour legend to help distinguish what each colour means. 

Admins doesn't need to do this job. There are already trackers! Or why is on a website the Traffic on Calais-Duisburg shown?

Better location would be there, were poppes up for example if you got banned/kicked or if you need to stop to make screenshots.

And for example if your lights are still of, then you will get kicked.

If you are driving over 260kmph (which nothing can in MP) you will get kicked (speedhacking)

So better would it be with trackers, but it may be that they make false kicks, so thats why only kicking no banning.

This is not going to be added, at least not as a notification inside the GPS. There are better ways to do this, and we rather look into those.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.