A little Personal Challenge

Eeveelutions

so the New Mexico DLC just dropped and I have a challenge for all truckers here, nothing to lose or gain. just some pride for yourself. get your truck and haul a special cargo from northern California (Ukiah, Sacramento etc.) to the furthest point possible in New Mexico with ONE tank of gas, no stops one tank to New Mexico. you can fuel up before you depart but after that no more pitstops, you cant tele-jump (skip a section of driving by calling road assistance unless you crash or something real like that) and make it all the way to your destination with one tank of gas! personally ive done it twice now, first time made it with 0.7 of a gallon left (saw I used 299.3 gallons on debrief) and secon time I had 10 gallons. my first trip was from Sacramento to Artesia and second time was from Ukiah to some town that was called tus something I don't know haha but it was far. anyway just a friendly personal challenge for anyone willing to do it, post in the comments if you do it! good job! here are some tips to help

DONT SPEED: speed kills.... your MPGs... keep it within 45-55 to maximize MPGs

use your cruise control!

when not using gas shift to neutral, in my setting I set it up so that when I shift to netural I change to auto gearbox and it shifts to the right gears and blah blah just look it up its kind of hard to explain

find the most direct route, try not to stop n go as this also hurts MPGs but this all depends the route

these are just some personal opinion tips and you can use your own ways to gain an edge on saving fuel but anyway good luck to all who try!

I havent tried this yet, but just looking at the tips, I think it would be a good idea to go between the times of 11pm to 6 am

(that is if you are going to complete this in multiplayer that is).

because the traffic lights in the cities turn off at this time, so you will have less of a chance that you will have to stop, increasing your MPG. This is just my theroy of course, I havent tried it as of yet.

And don't shift about 2000 rpm (Cummins) or 1900 rpm (Paccar). And when climbing hills don't shift about 1500 rpms, it gives you more torque to climb hills, if you shift at higher rpms when going uphill you're just wasting fuel and torque. Low RPMs (1000- 1500)= Torque and High RPMs (1500- 2000)= Horsepower

Tried it last night. The longest job I could find was from Redding to Artesia (1474 miles) and the cargo was the Scraper (90.000lbs).

I planned to cruise at 50mph at low RPMs so I downgraded my engine to the Paccar MX-13 510HP (reaches max torque @ 1000RPM).

I stopped at two weighing stations and ended up completing the job doing 6.1 MPG.

In theory I could have made that 3000km antrax737 spoke about, but there ain't no jobs that long yet. Gonna have to give that a try again when we have Oregon.

Archived