CB radio buttons to be more obvious

Wolf68k

Suggestion Name: CB radio buttons to be more obvious

Suggestion Description: Add some sort of symbols on CB radio to make it more obvious was to where to click to make changes.

Any example images: none

Why should it be added?: There are a number of times when I'm want/need to change the CB channel and I know I can click on the big dial next to the channel number but I have no idea where exactly so I'm blindly clicking until something happens. I also know that some where on there is another button to turn it on/off but again it's a blind-luck click fest until I get it.

My first thought was to make it painfully obvious by adding white up/down arrows on the dial. But that would ugly. So another thought was what a more subtle grey or embossed graphics effect so you can see the arrows but they aren't in your face. As for the on/off switch maybe text of some sort or the now traditional power symbol as a button.

• Upvote 10

+1, this is sometimes useful. A improvement would be, that in the Night the buttons glow. So its not hard to click on them anymore.

^

The CB is not by SCS Software, TruckersMP has added it to the MP. In Singleplayer there are only some modifications and music files to let random people speak.

(ex. "Midland CB Radio" in MAN TGA by MADster)

+1 especially if the buttons get centred better so it’s easier to adjust on the move, also a night glow wouldn’t go a miss and a selectable display colour. You can even go as far as to add a feature where the name of the player talking on that channel is displayed, which can help with pinpointing those abusing the CB . All of this will make using the CB a lot easier, especially when on the move.

+1

i was gonna say make use of the phone buttons on steering wheels / dashboards but then only the newer trucks have them....so what about making a menu type thing that has simple control for volume, channel & on off. a simple left right to change channel or you can type it in or use your mouse scroll ( up is right & left is down ) theres also the fact the cb has 19 channels of which are mostly useless because unless your around people on the same channel you wont hear them & lets be honest most convoys will have their own chat group! people have asked for an admin chat channel but then you would have admins needing hearing aids due to having their ears blown out ( imagine 3500 people screaming in your ear in different languages at the same time ) 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:48 PM, Wolf68k said:

want/need to change the CB channel

my guess would be that you haven't tried changing the CB channels by opening the text bar and typing: /channel <insert channel number: (0-19)> 

But +1 to the suggestion itself, especially the on/off button as I have to squint especially at night, just to find it haha.

A more prominent button / glowing idea / located further apart on the CB radio so as to separate between on/off and switching channel buttons also sounds good

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a nice suggestion. i always tried hard to turn off CB in my old laptop never had luck, due to that i use to reduce the volume of game and play because many people do spam on CB. Later i purchase a new laptop and when you run game on Ultra graphics you can easily find CB switches:P.now i can easily turn off.
XD3oxHN.png

i would suggest to change the colour of CB adjuster or add small led to adjuster so its easy to find during night time would solve the issue.:)

UxiKSFa.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

You can even go as far as to add a feature where the name of the player talking on that channel is displayed, which can help with pinpointing those abusing the CB .

If someone is talking on the CB radio, the username should popup in the upper left corner in white while they are talking. On a side note, if you want to know if your mic is broadcasting, there should be a white speaker icon in the bottom right corner that appears while the mic is open.

The username popup for people speaking shouldn't be too hard to find, but it took me a while before I noticed how I could see if my mic was open with that white speaker icon since it is quite small.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...