Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Just A Quick Question

LintonM

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi,

Same reason there isn't any in ETS2. Because it would be very hard/impossible to sync AI with every user. If it is possible, (I doubt it) it would also take a lot of server room and may require the servers to be upgraded, costing more money.

The amount of CPU slower I’d imagine this to take from the servers is astronomical, as everyone would require the AI to be in sync and each individual would have to see exactly the same thing or it would cause a lot of collisions. Unfortunately it just isn’t practical due to the sheer amount of computing power you’d need. If a user had a bit of lag then the AI wouldn’t be necessarily able to detect it and then would end up causing a collision (because the AI can’t f7 + enter this may cause inevitable traffic jams).

It is a good idea in concept but unfortunately the practically certainly isn’t possible on a budget (as the MP mod is free) or with the varying internet connectivity of other players. 

Kind regards,

Matthew

the only time I find a low population in the US ATS server is really early in the morning ie around 3am PST. since the us east coast is getting up for work/school or in the case of the west coast, they are sleeping. as for the US ETS2 server, I rarely see more then 10 people logged in to that server (it is the only ETS2 server I can stay connected to).

12 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

the only time I find a low population in the US ATS server is really early in the morning ie around 3am PST. since the us east coast is getting up for work/school or in the case of the west coast, they are sleeping. as for the US ETS2 server, I rarely see more then 10 people logged in to that server (it is the only ETS2 server I can stay connected to).

Yeah, I live in the East coast of the US too. Preferably America's first settlement, Pensacola, Florida. But for me, the low population is all day, and at night, the max I've seen was somewhere around 700 players online.

Oh, and is it possible to ask another question? 'Cause I have one. Why does the player never get tired? Cause the sleep meter never change.