MORRIS95

Hi guys, I'm new to Truckers MP, been playing 18 wheels of steel for the past few years, and ATS since it launched. For years I've been using my old trusty Nitro Racing wheel (XBOX360/PC) and its becoming dated. I'm in the market for a new wheel, maybe a clutch and shift setup. I have a feeling a lot of you out there are using many diffrent types of wheels and have great pros and cons of good and bad wheels. Lend me an ear with your real world suggestions drivers!!!

41VDRXDBC7L._QL40_SX400_.jpg

I can just support what was said before as I am using the G27 as well. In comparison to its newer brother, the Logitech G29, it has fewer buttons but on the other hand, a shifter included which does not need to be bought additionally. If using the wheel you posted above was sufficient for you, the G27 will certainly be a huge upgrade. Additionally, used 2nd hand wheels are not very expensive either, unlike the G29 ones.

/moved to ATS related Discussion

Using the G27 it is a great steeringwheel for playing ATS and ETS2.
Depending on how much you have to spend you can look there are several good steeringwheels.

- Logitech drive force gt (low in price, has no H-Shifter but many players in ATS and ETS2 play with this)
- Logitech G27 (mid in price, has H-Shifter are no longer made, so new ones are hard to find)
- Logitech G29 (high in price, h shifter you have to buy separately)

tmplogo.jpg

Hey guys thanks for the great feedback, I got lucky today went to a flea market and picked up a logitech driving force gt for 25$ and it works great. Only issue I had was with the driver software trying to enable 900 degree mode, but a new driver form logitech solved the problem. Cant wait to do some long hauls with this thing.

10 hours ago, MORRIS95 said:

Hey guys thanks for the great feedback, I got lucky today went to a flea market and picked up a logitech driving force gt for 25$ and it works great. Only issue I had was with the driver software trying to enable 900 degree mode, but a new driver form logitech solved the problem. Cant wait to do some long hauls with this thing.

Congratulations with your steeringwheel, I have tested a Drive Force GT and it is a beautiful steering wheel for little money.
After testing Drive Force GT I finally made the choice to buy a G27 with the H-Shifter but at the time it was almost twice as expensive.
Many of my friends play ETS2 and ATS with a Logitech Drive Force GT and only just hear positive stories about this steeringwheel.

tmplogo.jpg

The combination of different parts i am using for ETS2 and ATS is a bit crazy...

First i startet with a G27, but because one part is broken got a G29 with shifter.... but i didnt liked the pedals and the Shifter of the G29, so i bought a Thrustmaster Shifter because the G27 Shifter wasnt compatible and i am using the pedals of my old G27...

All in all my combination looks like this:
Pedals: G27
Wheel: G29

Shifter: Thrustmaster TH8A

This is nearly perfect for me ;)

If you dont have any Problems with the Pedals of the G29 you can buy a G29 with Shifter...

And if you dont like a plastic Shifter you can buy the Thrustmaster TH8A. It is much better than the original from the G29.

Furthermore you dont need to worry about the USB connection of the Shifter. ATS and ETS2 supports multiple devices, so you can add a Shifter to this game which doesnt need to be compatible to the G29.

The only Problem is that both games dosnt support a 7 Gear Shifter, so i use the 7th gear for the Enter Key....so it is easier to refill at a gas station ;D

Windows 10Pro - Intel i7 11700k - MSI Z590 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 2TB 860 EVO - 1TB 860 EVO -

750W BeQuiet Straight Power E11 CM - Fractal Design Define XL R2 - 2x16GB Corsair Vengance 3600MHz

Archived