• Announcements

• scarface0359

Current development status [overview + info]   12/04/17

Hey truckers, quite alot happened recently and we are getting many questions from you. To help you getting your answer much quicker, here is a recap of the latest information in regards to the Italy DLC, the Special Transport DLC, the wintermod and the latest game updates.   SCS released the Italy DLC. This DLC is not properly working in multiplayer at this moment. Until official support has been added, use the DLC on your own risk. You won't get banned for driving in the Italy area, but you might experience issues with missing NCZ and other minor bugs.   American Truck Simulator is not supported for quite some days now.   The wintermod will be added soon.   The Special Transport DLC is not guarantueed to be included within the first few patches. Due to the complexity of the situation of how the content of this DLC operates, it is possible that support for this specific DLC will take a long time, or in worst case scenario won't be supported at all. Please bear with us and give our developers enough time to make sure everything goes alright. Putting pressure on them or creating a massive amount of topics about it is not going to change the speed of development.    As always, our team is working hard to make sure we can give you the best experience. We hope to provide you a new version of our mod with support for ATS and ETS2 real soon, but we are currently not able to give you an estimated date of release. We thank you for your understanding.  
    • BAKERPK [PL] [ENG]

Translation Team Recruitment   12/11/17

Hello Truckers! We are making small changes in the team. We are looking for new translators for our community. Please check the requirements and send it to us. Languages that we are interested in are: Turkish, Polish, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, French, German   Requirements: * You are at least 17 years old. * You must be active in our community. * You have sufficient knowledge of the English language. * You understand and respect the forum and in-game rules. * You can remain calm and polite in a conflict. * You are able to ask questions and inform yourself if you don't know something. * You are able to work in a team and participate in team discussions. * You have some basic social skills as you will be in touch with many community members. * You are dedicated and devoted to help other members of the community. * You are registered on TruckersMP's forum for at least 1 month. * You know at least one more language than English   Please feel free to send an application here: https://truckersmp.com/recruitment Thanks for your interest ! End Date: 20/12/2017 Good Luck to Everyone !
dinocrest

Modded Profile or Legit Profile?

I am debating between starting my ETS2 trucking career on a legit profile that I built up or a modded account that has everything unlocked and unlimited money? I want to have fun but at the same time not have to deal with the lack of upgrades and money that I need to deal with a legit account that started from scratch. I would love your opinions and if you guys on the forums could give me reasons on what I should play on.

Also, I just started last night and if it would be a great help for some tips when trucking!

Cheers -Dino

Personally i like to drive the big trucks fully customizable for taking pictures with friends

On SP i use an unmodded profile with mods, map expansion etc

But at the end its up to you. You can also use an unmodded multiplayer profile. Poorly there are a lot of noobs on the road which will damage your cargo so you need longer to rank up and unlock truck parts etc

From what you say, I'd suggest an edited profile. You can create a new profile, then edit your save to change XP and money so the next time you enter the game, you are able to assign all skill points, get enough level to unlock everything and you'll also have plenty of money to buy any trucks, upgrades, home offices, etc. Truth is, I made my profile from scratch, it felt better having to work for money to come in, struggle to be able to get a better engine, a better truck, etc. As soon as I could, started upgrading my garages, to get new trucks and hired drivers who would make also money... But then, I started playing MP and because of the time difference, those hired drivers game me lots of millions instantly... I used that money to keep buying offices all around the map (just for teleporting purposes), fired all hired drivers and then... Edited my saved game to lower the amount of money, it seemed obscene having more than 500 millions euros, it took off all the joy of having to do jobs to earn the money!

About tips, there's one you can't miss: Read the rules. Many people don't and then they are soooo surprised when they are banned... "I didn't know..." Well, you should have known. When downloading the mod, you accept that you read them and agree to play abiding to them. Make sure to know what things are allowed and what things aren't, it's the only way to not break the rules.

Tip if you decide to go for a legit profile: choose wisely which server you will play in, and the areas you will be driving. EU#2 server is the biggest and most populated one, but it's also where you are most likely to find trolls, reckless drivers, bad drivers, etc. Starting a career in that server and driving on the Central Europe roads, Calais, Duisburg and surroundings can be a nightmare. You'll probably spend so much money in repairs that you'll go into bankruptcy soon. Best thing to do would be trying EU#3, less crowded, no cars, less trolls, easier to progress (and no speed limits). If you don't mind having a speed limit (60 Km/h inside cities, 110 Km/h outside), EU#1 is by far the safest server. EU#2 can be used if you stay away from the most crowded areas until you have enough money and experience to deal with the "drivers" you'll find there. It's the worst if you go for legit, but it's also the most "entertaining" one :D

Tip related to EU#2: Make sure to assign a key for "Quicksave". Whenever you feel you are in danger of being rammed by another player, or approaching a dangerous zone, you can use that key to get a "snapshot" of that moment, to which you can go back in case you suffer damage. Careful with this, though, as the Quicksave causes your truck to "freeze" for a moment and if someone was close behind, there's a high chance that his truck will crash into yours (and you can be reported for "desync exploting"). The quicksave feature should be used only while out of the way (you can stop or drive for a moment on the emergency lane, quicksave and then go back safely on the road).

Tip about jobs: you can link your ETS2 profile to World of Trucks, if you have an account there, and do WoT external jobs within the game. They have a 90 Km/h speed limit that can't be disabled, but usually give you lots of time to complete and there are always jobs in that list, while the freight market and quick jobs list can go empty, because of how MP handles the time. WoT jobs can't be "recovered" using the quicksave/quickload feature, once your trailer gets damage, it stays damaged.

Another important tip: Get yourself, if you don't have one already, a gameplay recording software, there are many out there and they can be used to record your trips, stream them or have "instant replay" option to save on video what happened the previous X minutes (very handy to report rule breakers and also to have your own video in case you are reported and banned).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Good topic choice.

I personally use single player unmodded. This has its own benefits such as a feeling that you’re playing the game properly rather than driving for the sake of it and it gives you the chance to work through and unlock things. 

On the other hand, with multiplayer I was using my single player account although this brought a few issues. Most of the time, back in 2015 I was getting rammed and crashed into almost constantly in one form or another and even recently I tend to spend an easy 60k on a repair bill if there’s a major accident. With some hauls not even coming close to that amount it wouldn’t be possible to play unless you had a huge amount of money available! To overcome that issue I have changed the money amount on a seperate account so I never encounter any issues but I guess you could leave the level the same? It’s also very useful for convoys if you have most of the garages in the game (lots of money required!) so it has its own benefits and I wouldn’t feel bad about using a modded one for online purposes :). If you want to use your own profile then I would strongly recommend you take your time choosing which server you’d like to play on. You can always change at any point but avoiding EU2 may be your best bet, especially while you get used to the game because it tends to be the busiest server with the most traffic. If you get stuck at any point using F7 + enter will help to avoid anyone crashing into you and making damage worse but it’ll obviously reset you to the nearest garage! 

p.s. Welcome to the game and TruckersMP! Have a great time.

Edited by MaffewE

To me, it personally depends where I'm driving.

For instance, if I'm driving on C-D with friends, I'd normally choose a modded profile due to the vast amount of reckless drivers in that given area.

On the other hand, if it's more of a chill drive in an empty place (e.g Poland, etc.), I'd prefer to use a legitimate profile.

I have an unmodded ETS2 profile, I never cheated any money or xp. I played SP for months before I ever started playing MP and then when I did start playing MP for a good while I only played MP during the weekends and played SP during weekdays so I slowly built up my profile, my level and xp and then started to hire some drivers (have 10 in total now) and as MP time never stops they work all the time once I started paying MP most of the time so helped me earning money to where I now have over 79 million (I would have waaaay more by now but I tend to spend alot of money on lots of trucks [buy too many :wacko:] and repairs cause my fave road is C-D :rolleyes:)

^That way tho is not quick and takes alot of time but it is a nice feeling to know when playing ETS2 that my profile has never been modded and that all my money and XP was got the normal/legit way :)

ATS tho is completely different, I got a modded profile for that. When I first got ATS a friend helped me with a modded profile (can't remember who or how but he gave me a profile and I copied the info onto my own one) so I have a load of money on xp on it :P I just couldn't face going all the way back to the beginning having to slowly earn money again building up a profile (even tho it was a different game)

I also have an extra modded profile in both ETS2 and ATS, profiles that have been modded to add lots of money and xp and the only reason for those is for when I occasionally want to play SP to use some SP mods. I mostly play MP and my main profiles are for MP but I do occasionally play SP in both games using SP mods.

Its really up to how you want to play the game. If you still will play alot of SP then have an unmodded SP profile where you can work on building it up the legit way and have a 2nd profile for MP which is modded with money and xp 

If you want to play MP but still build up your profile without cheating money or xp then be careful ;) Play on EU1 (Speed limited) or EU3 or even EU4 (NCZ server) but if you decide to play on EU2 avoid the Calais to Duisburg road at all costs, if you watch some idiots on the road videos from ETS2 on youtube you will see why ;) The best places to go in MP on EU2 if your playing on a legit unmodded profile and have little money would be areas to the further right of the map and in  the Going East and France DLC's and some places in Scandinavia, the UK is also pretty quite apart from London.

For me having lots of money is great, I can drive anywhere on the map including the busiest places like C-D road and not have to worry about getting rammed or damaged as I can easily afford to repair it and if a load gets delivered damaged its not a big deal. It also means I can buy as many trucks as I like which is great as I buy alot :lol: but of course thats not for everyone, not everyone likes having alot of money and some would like to earn money from their jobs and feel the struggle without having crazy high amounts of money so again depends what you'd like ;) one this is for sure tho - having lots of money sure makes things easier :D

And Welcome to TMP :)

Edited by Killua // Ireland ^_^
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm playing TruckersMP since 2016 and when i bought this game, i was making money for easy but after i started playing multiplayer, i got my money in "-" like -150.000$ or something like this. I tried to create new profile and then i got same. Then i searched in youtube and google and found that we can "hack" our profile with Cheat Engine (Money and XP), so I hacked it but i forgot to turn off Cheat Engine and got VAC in CS:GO :D 

Then i create second steam where i bought all games which i had on first one and i "hacked" my profile again. After that i was just enjoying playing this game with good truck. First time i was "like a boss" on road because i thought that there were not much players who have hacked profile with good truck but then i realised that most of players have good truck and that's the end of my story :D 

I used in SP a mod that will give you a lot of XP when you park the cargo by yourself. Other then that I have not used a mod in SP. in MP all the mods are disabled. And I don't like to mod trucks so that a DAF drives with a Volvo engine.

Welcome to Truckers MP!

This is still my 1st profile since the beginning of 2014. (+2100 Hours in MP)
Self-built completely up this profile, in early buy trucks to grow up you company in SP.
I bought from the beginning the cheapest trucks and hire people and the company started growing in SP.
Profile is more than 3 years old and enough money that money no longer plays a role and sell all trucks now becourse how bigger you company with trucks how slower your savegame.

I made a copy of the current profile and also used it to test in SP mods.
You can easily make a copy of your current profile with some actions so that your mod profile is always up to date with the latest versions for testing.

In MP I use the original profile with 2x mods in it, but that are legal mods that can be used in MP.

Once in a time make a regular backup of your profiles and savefiles this can save you enough trouble if something went wrong with your PC.

So. I have a "legit"-profile! But I worked many years on it!

A modded profile is great! Money, Levels, etc.!

You can buy trucks without thinking about it, and so on. ^^ 

I ended up using this ets2mp beginner save file

I kept getting rammed when I first started and the repair damage was always more than what I was earning for deliveries early on.  I was about to give up on multiplayer

this profile gives $150,000 and level 5  to start with.  so it's enough to buy yourself a starting truck and equip it so you can run world of truck missions since the multiplayer mod seems to have many issues with the local deliveries

I refuse to use other profiles with unlimited money or unlocked roads & cities, because its fun to start from next to nothing and earn money and unlock roads and cities myself.

IMO, i don't exactly know how you can get a modded profile.

I used a money/XP cheat to get lots of money and tons of XP. I uninstalled the game because i had no time to play it until reinstalling it made me notice that my profile data had been completely wiped clean.

You can play with a Legit account on EU2, but you must be very careful with other players. I managed to recruit 3 employees and 3 trucks for them, I currently have $200,000 on my bank account, so no worries it's possible. B)

And if you absolutely need to go on EU2 for some reasons, avoid Calais, Amsterdam or Duisburg, and that should do it. ;)

Hey,

why is everyone complaining about EU2? There are the most players - so the most funny moments and you're not alone. :D

Now back to the topic: I use a legit and modded profile.
Because i lost my progress, i added a custom-profile with much money and a high level (like 750 or something like this), so i can drive around with fully-maxed and customized trucks on the road. Also, i often try out new designs and trucks, so i dont have to buy them on my legit profile and get disappointed.

I dont hit people to annoy them and get less money, i dont know why some dudes do this.

greetings