The New Scania S & R Series

SgtBreadStick

What do you think about the New Scania's in the ETS2 1.30 Beta?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Do You Think The New Scania's are?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having had a play with both the new Scania lorries, I have to say I don't really like them, they don't pull as well as my DAF, I don't like the indicator sound, the front doesn't look great with the grill and as of yet it can't be painted which really bugs me.

The good side is you can paint the wheel arches and the rear bumper, then engine sounds okay but it doesn't hum as nicely as the DAF.

All in all, I think I'll stick with what I already have.

If my wheels aren't turning, I'm not earning.

I've been driving the new Scania S from day one when the beta came out, got around 21.000 km on it so far. I like the truck a lot, the interior is really nicely done - details, dash readabilty, interior lights. I'm not that much of a fan of the new front grille, in my opinion the one on the old-gen Scania looked much better. Mind you, the new headlights look really nice.

Haven't really tested different engines on it - been driving with the 520 V8 all the time. I'm not much of a full-speed driver, so it pulls more than adequately for me. Engine sound for the V8 is ok, I actually like it more than the one on the old model.

Overall I'm pleased with it, and once more tuning options become available, it will only get better.

Drive using your wit, not your foot.

I like it enough that I am willing to trade in my Volvo for an S on my serious profile.

I still         love Volvo, but the Scania just brings a whole new experience to the table that I'd like to enjoy for a while.

I'm a bit disappointed Mighty Griffin isn't supported (yet), I could have sworn it would. I guess I misinterpreted what SCS wrote in one of their logs.

My vote still stands though, the truck is amazingly good.

hey did you hear?
the game's name changed
It's now called "Next Gen Scania Simulator"
they're everywhere now. You can't run.
I expect the number to decrease in the new year tho.
well, let's be honest... the truck has a neat design and a neat screen and lights (both in and out)
the truck took two years, so it's the best with no doubt. (and the most customize-able of course)

1 hour ago, [ST-LH] Cal said:

I like the truck, but I will still always love my DAF Euro 6 more. As much as I've tried to drive other trucks for more than 300 miles at a time, I always find myself back in a DAF.

I love daf it's a very nice truck.
But the wheel and the speed stuff are ugly and small.

I forgot to add some heat to the discussion, and since it will have to look like I'm angry (I'm kinda angry about it, not going to lie), let's do it:

YEAH!!!! THEY ADD A LOT OF TRUCKS TO ETS2, BUT WHAT ABOUT ATS???? WE ONLY HAVE 2 BRANDS AND 4 TRUCKS!!! THESE GUYS ARE SO LAZY!!! THEY GIVE MUCH MORE PRIORITY TO ETS2!!! WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER GAME? WE PAID FOR IT!

With that being said, half joke, half truth, let SCS know that we would like to see more trucks on ATS too. Pls don't let it take 2 years to add a kenworth T900 R and S. xD

390334.png

6 hours ago, Wolfman93 said:

let SCS know

Then the "anger" really is pointless. This is TMP, not SCS. 

Also if you've been to the SCS forums where your "let SCS know" should be at (be it in a form of poll or whatnot - probably resulting in a deletion of your post/denied by their moderation team too)..

you'd find out there's no point in "being angry" at all. So adding "heat" = no heat at all really.

Because it has been a well known fact that amongst other underlying factors, licensing is one of the main issues that cause such delays.

And you'd be told to use the search function on their forums as well, lol.

So unless you hold a position IRL which can speed up the process (like what Pavel has requested for from his fellow "angry" fans, your anger isn't going to change anything and will prove to be even more useless :)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

New Scania looks nice, but rather expect them to come up with a new DLC.
Scs can earn a lot of money if they release a new DLC for the new Scania.
But for me they can also release DLC for the other trucks because i would like to see more variety in options with trucks not only Scania and DAf.
The other trucks stays very far behind against the Scania and DAF with there DLC.

tmplogo.jpg

I driven both trucks for 2 deliveries I found out they are the best looking trucks but I don't use them now because Volvo is far more faster. I usually drive at 140+ in empty roads in Scandinavia. I do not come to south I always drive in Scandinavia where there is no cancer traffic and good winding roads. Although everyone owns a new Scania there now I just overtook them from my Volvo at 160kmph :D

What's the difference between the R and S series, just the appearance?

Also it seems like they are slower than the old Scania, or is it just me?

¬ CPU: Intel i5-4690 ¬ MOBO: GA-B85M-D3H ¬ RAM: Crucial Ballistix LP 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL8 (7-7-8-18 1600MHz 1.45v) ¬
¬ GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP! 6GB (@1902 / 2202MHz) ¬ HDD: Seagate 2TB ST2000DM001 ¬ PSU: Cooler Master G550M ¬

76561197984728947.png

Archived