The New Scania S & R Series

SgtBreadStick

What do you think about the New Scania's in the ETS2 1.30 Beta?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Do You Think The New Scania's are?

So guys,

What do you think about the brand new Scania that was released yesterday in the 1.30 Public Beta?

Yay or nay ;)

Me personally i think it's the best scania :3

Vote in the poll and you can comment below on what you like about it and what you don't like about it.
I just love the truck, almost all of it is perfect, but the Front grill has it's ups and downs. :)

cmgeow.pngbanner

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In its current state it's good so it'll probably be amazingly good when the model has gotten all of the finishing touches and all options have been added (bull/light bars, painy jobs, mighty griffin).

To be honest: I wasn't a huge fan of the exterior of the Scanias when they were unveiled. But i think once you get used to the looks of the rather flat front, they are actually pretty good looking trucks. What really made me love it though was the interior. I think they cabin of the new Gen Scanias is by far the best looking ones of all the trucks available right now. Combine that with pretty remarkable tuning options on the base truck (there's so much stuff to play around with compared to other trucks) and you get a really good package. The only thing i didn't like at all was that there are no single beacons available for it, and the big lightbars look extremely ugly on it - so i just went without any beacons for now. And finally they got rid of that horrible, unrealistic sound of the V8 engine, now they finally sound pretty realistic. Can't wait for the game version to get out of beta and make it into MP... :)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Indeed the new Scania is the best up to date truck when it comes to visuals. I was wondering, is there any difference between the new S and R in game?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

^

The S-series has a flat cabin floor, whereas the R should have the uneven floor. But apart from that i don't think that there's any noticeable differences between those two trucks...

Edit: I have just taken a closer look at the two  of them in the game, and if you compare them to each other in detail, you will realize that the R is slightly lower than the S (which makes sense since it doesn't have the flat floor in the cabin).

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

It's a lovely truck and I love that the bumpers can be changed to include lamps, swapped between painted and plastic, and love the different options that are available for the chassis.. This Scania might just cause a bit of dust to gather on my fav truck, the DAF.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

With these new trucks my ranking of the most beautiful trucks would be this way:

1) DAF XF Euro 6 (the truck i use the most now, both my 530hp and sometimes a stock 370hp i bought for an AI driver but ended driving it myself xd)

2) Scania S & R Series

3) MB New Actros

4) MAN TGX

5) Iveco Hi-Way (first owned truck)

6) Volvo FH

7) DAF XF 105

8) MB Actros

9) Renault Premium

10) Scania R 2012 & Streamline

11) Renault Magnum

12) Volvo FH16 Classic

13) Iveco Stralis

So this is my list for now ( and yes i stole the idea of the person above :P )

1) DAF XF Euro 6 

2) Scania S & R Series

3) Volvo FH

4) DAF XF 105

5) Volvo FH16 Classic

6) MB New Actros

7) MAN TGX

8) MB Actros

9) Renault Premium

10) Scania R 2012 & Streamline

11) Renault Magnum

12)Iveco Hi-Way