Advanced Ghost Mode

KacaKTV

Good suggestion, deefinately think it needs to be clearer a user has joined the game. Many a time I’ve swerved and went through the player and realised they were in ghost mode! A flickering name or a specific colour in a specific font or anything to make it obvious would be great. May be useful if it flickers and speeds up when the ghost mode is about to expire.

Like this idea, may need some suggestions of how best to present it ;)

Kind regards,

Matthew

This is a neat idea, but there are so drawbacks, for those of us who play with names off, this wouldn’t make any difference. 

Personally, what would be better is if someone enters ghost mode, then something very visual occurs, either their vehicle goes transparent or has a persistent warning tag till they come out ofghost mode. A small marker or colour change on the players name tags doesn’t really add much from a distance that you would see another vehicle, I mean sure if you’ve got a 40 inch monitor or play in VR then it’s easier to see at distances, but for most, in order to even see or make out tags on someone’s nameplate, you have to be pretty close and by that time, your mind is already tricked into thinking that the vehicle is solid so you slam on the brakes. 

I mean, even a big bold letter warning sign that could say “GHOST MODE ACTIVE” that flickers between red, orange and black, that would be more noticeable at long distance, than a little symbol that can potentially get lost in the sea of colours ahead. 

Any addition to the visuals of a ghost mode player would be beneficial, I am in and out of the game often due to my internet connection and I do by best to get away from the road when I enter the game. It might also be beneficial for those who are leaving the game to pull off and be considerate of those around them pre and post departure.

forum_banner.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a good suggestion, adding this feature might help but Example when you login Enables ghost mode for 20 seconds after spawn and press tab you can see how many people are around you + check whether you are blocking road? if you are blocking road then either move your truck to side of road or press f7+enter. If you are still blocking road after 20 seconds Ghost mode then you have broke one of the rules and you will get punished for Blocking.

§2.3 Blocking* : Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

UxiKSFa.png

^

this is all good and stuff, but what happens when ghost mode runs out before you are even loaded in? I have had my game crash in one of the company drop off sites and logged back in to the game in that area, when I was fully loaded in I was not in ghost mode, only thing that saved me and anyone that would have possibly entered the site was that a friend of mine was convoying with me and let people know that I was logging back in.

now you will say all job sites are NCZs, and you would be mostly right, however there are several job sites in New Mexico that are CZs. and I just happened to crash in one of those. so if they can program that the timer for ghost mode doesn't start counting down until you actually start your truck, since when you load in your truck is off that would make it a bit better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a good idea.this idea needs to be added the game.because it's really useful,So we can see that players it's in ghost mode and go without panic.(Panic=sudden brake etc)

from me +1

• 2 weeks later...