Players painting scout car to look like admin from distance

ZebraTrucker

Question

Well, No one has posted about this until now. I decided to post about it since it might be important and could be an added rule, as I was playing MP driving around. From a distance I saw a scout car, it was blue and white and strongly looked like a police car but as it passed it turned out to be a player that used some strange metallic paint combinations to make his car look like a police car from a distance. I was hoping to know if this counts as "admin Impersonation" and could possibly be against the rules? (keep in mind he was not an ACTUAL admin, and had no police skins, but from a distance people can mistake him as an admin.)(I have no pictures, but I think I explained it pretty well)

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

//More of a question, moved to help. 

With regards to your query, it would be best to get a screenshot/sufficient evidence and report that user if you felt that he/she broke the rules. 

On the topic of impersonating IGAs or even staff, these rules apply in-game:

Spoiler

• §3.1 Username/Tag/Avatar

Having inappropriate usernames/tags/avatars including those with insults, usernames with no text, any with swearing in them, names matching administration, law enforcement organizations, any current living or deceased political leader, otherwise inappropriate content and symbols, or similar. This also includes tags or usernames that would indicate that you are a "Forum Mod", "TS3 Admin", "Admin", "Police", "Security" or similar and in any language.

• §3.2 Inappropriate License/Interior Plates

Having inappropriate text on license plates on your truck, either as your licence plate or interior to your vehicle. This includes swearing, and anything that lists you as a staff member, insults or otherwise offensive text.

• §3.3 Impersonating Administration

It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police. This includes tags, username, paintjobs, lights, etc that would indicate you are an administrator.

With that said, bear in mind that what may look like a police paintjob to you may not be the case for others or for that user in this case and/or including his intentions.

(Since using the police paintjob automatically kicks you out of MP, hence players do have their right still, to have their colours painted the way they want it)

With regards to if a new rule(s) is required, you might want to first use the Search feature to help you with topics regarding your idea, or any other existing topics. 

If there are no topics which are already pre-existing, you may head over to the New Suggestion Section to get your suggestion approved for the community to vote if it should be implemented or not.

Have a nice day/night.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

the colors from normal skins where made for the trucks but the scout car use some of the paint skins as well. no this is not admin Impersonation as long as there tag, car or person is not trying to say they are or act as if they're  police, or traffic control, admin then this is not staff Impersonation as you said they where using the  metallic paint job then this is normal please check the following topic for info about this type of matter - 

§3.3 Impersonating Administration

It is forbidden to impersonate administration or act as law enforcement such as police. This includes tags, username,  paint jobs, lights, etc that would indicate you are an administrator. - 

Edited by Virus59X