Clearer Modding Guidelines

Suggestion Name: clearer Modding Guidelines

Suggestion Description: Make Things clearer, if possible with Pictures. Something like "Any mods changing or expanding the truck, car or trailers hitbox is not allowed." is not clear enough.

I've received 2 bans already, because of this rule (which have been appealed and accepted). My Trucks had a different Cabin,

so the Cabin was extending past the Chassis or the Chassis was extending past the Cabin, with current context I didn't violate your Rule, which says, that the hitbox is not allowed to extend out of the Truck, which it didn't, but the Cabin did.

I wouldn't even change this rule, because it is cutting Modding Freedom a lot, and it is not violating any other User.

I am suggesting to rewrite this rule, with other Words, because Admins and Players do not seem to fully understand this Rule. (I am not blaming anyone for this since the rule is really weirdly written)

These Trucks have a lot of Advantages, like the Trailer being much more in the back, better view or handling. And getting banned for driving them is ridiculous and not even a rule violation (at least at current state)

Any example images: 

KW2a9TN.jpg

(Maybe brighter, I couldn't take a new picture because I had to sell all my Trucks with this kind of Cabin/Chassis Combination for my Ban Appeal to be accepted)

Why should it be added?: To clear things up for Players and Admins, since this rule is really unclear. It would make Modding for us Modders so much easier.

Thank you for your attention.

If you think that these two bans were issued unfairly, please tell the TruckersMP Management about it in order to achieve a removal of those bans because, even though the appeals got accepted, they are still valid bans now. For further information, please refer to the following topic which provides necessary information about the feedback system of TruckersMP:

In regards to your suggestion, I can fully understand your point.

We review our game rules every now and then since we often get feedback about them. We've been given quite some feedback over the past weeks, so we'll look at them again in the near future.

Making certain rules, including modding, more clear is on our to-do list. I can't give you an estimated date yet of when this will happen, but it's expected to be relatively soon.

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 6 months later...

The new section of the rules which deals with save editing describes everything very unambiguously.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.