What is your favorite truck and any comments?

Samito_BG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there's 2 in this screenshot but /shrug

w2TfNJX.jpg

I know many people don't like hybrids, and most hybrids I don't like either, but these are one of the few that look nice to me. I also prefer not having any extra lights on the front, with only a simple 6-light roofbar. I prefer to use hybrids because I like how they look, not to grab attention hence why I haven't put loads of lights, sideskirts or anything like that on these; they are meant to be work trucks. I usually drive the one on the right.

a9f4d113e4f97153d1567918e48422a0.jpg

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

Hey,

personally, i like VOLVO and SCANIA the most.

The Volvo FH16 with 750 hp (!) is a beast. I get everything easy with this one. (classic or no - i like both, but the old one looks better)

Scania has the best acceleration (bc of the high torque), but not that much hp as Volvo got.

If i could choose both, i could'nt decide fast, what manufacturer i would choose. it would take a long time to see the differences and benefits for me. :D

greetings

Nobody is saying *why*...

* Scania: good quality feel, clear display although the S's numbering is small & needles aren't clear, plenty of customisation, new V8 sounds hollow at low rpm but 6-cyl roars at higher loads, generally relaxing.

* DAF: very relaxing, quiet & fuel efficient - an absolete mile-eater, display has good ability to show the right combination of info all at the same time.

* Volvo: again a realistic mile-eater, swift in higher-power form, no qualms over ergonomics though not sure I see the benefit in the power/accelerator indication - Classic XL feels top-heavy now.

* Merc: no problems, clear digital speedo & bright dials, well-sampled 'rattly' engine note, competent.

* Iveco: swift & feels a slightly lower centre of gravity, displays are very small & no numeric indication of current range, in theory very fuel efficient.

* Renault: Premium: rarely touch it with a bargepole - it is now a 10 year old design - but was competent enough as a realistic workhorse, needs to be 6×2 with plastic wheelcovers. Magnum: ok for a different experience, a real mile-eater, feels sluggish due to high seating position but you look down at the clear digital speedo & you're at 80 already, can still be sluggish even in 520 form, obviously clear view out.

* MAN: rarely use, ugly interior but got used to it & a competent solid workhorse with pleasant mile-eating soundtrack.

The wall of text is now over - we can now all get on with our lives. 

Archived