Content File Locked

FatalAttraction

Question

I tried downgrading my game because it told me I needed to, and when I did so the download almost got done but went to content file locked and now I cannot play the game. It comes up with: An error has occurred while updating American Truck Simulator (content profile locked) 

C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\amtrucks.exe

Can anyone help? Thanks 

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Please try to verify your game cache, it might restore this and will solve your problem:

1. Go to your Steam library and right-click 'American Truck Simulator'
  2. Select 'Properties'
  3. Head to the 3rd tab called 'Local Files'
  4. Select 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'
  5. Wait for it to finish. This could take a few minutes.

Let us know if this helped you by a new message here.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

FatalAttraction,

In addition to the above replies, I've done some research on the Steam Community forums regarding this content profile locked issue: A few have been recommending the steps below:

1. Run Steam as Administrator.
  2. Verify the integrity of the game cache.
  3. A few other people that have been getting this issue, have found out that it is down to their antivirus software, that is blocking the game from downgrading/updating. Try to disable your antivirus, and see if it works then.
  4. Some antivirus, such as AVG, requires you to add Steam to the exceptions to fix it.

There also seems to be a wide range of videos and forum posts from doing research on this, that may be able to help you further; Try the above, and get back to us about whether your issue has fixed, or is still persisting.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.