Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Supported Mods?

Shaddaz

Here is an extract from the game rules

Unsupported Mods - Permanent Ban

Using unsupported mods to cause game crashes. 

would suggest there is a supported list somewhere?

anyway my question is (directed more at the admins) can we use skin mods on the servers ? 

this should only change the local look of things (for me only) or is it just official DLC and Nothing else?

Here is an extract from the game rules

would suggest there is a supported list somewhere?

anyway my question is (directed more at the admins) can we use skin mods on the servers ? 

this should only change the local look of things (for me only) or is it just official DLC and Nothing else?

Nope, only official DLC, you can use these mods: http://metaltigersa.co.za/ets2mp_mods.html

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

I am not a coder but i am sure there would be a way for skins to be hosted server side and cached local for quick entry into the game that way the dev had control over what is included to try and make sure they are compatible with the MP game

Because not all of us play on Alienwares, winter mod is only new textures

I agree I am not on a very powerful system a few extra things I could cope with but not much skins on the other hand (trailer skins more than anything) I could handle more of

Yes they can see it, and it's not really a mod from what i've read.

They are Mods (under the definition), however they only modify the looks of things that are already in game. Thats why no one actually complains about it.

I agree I am not on a very powerful system a few extra things I could cope with but not much skins on the other hand (trailer skins more than anything) I could handle more of

True more trailer skins would be good but those skins are about 15-40mb each

My Miku trailer is 28MB While my Gigaliner is only 18... Tho Miku does have more graphics but its a normal trailer... the giga is longer so you would think it be smaller

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

True more trailer skins would be good but those skins are about 15-40mb each

My Miku trailer is 28MB While my Gigaliner is only 18... Tho Miku does have more graphics but its a normal trailer... the giga is longer so you would think it be smaller

The vanilla trucks in the game look ok some of the default trailers I personally think are horrid and in need of a bit of a tweak (from SCS point of view as well) 

but like everything we shall see what happens in the MP world in due time we can not have everything all at once

Hey guys,

Sorry but i'm a little confused here even having read the answers others asked.

Regarding this mod link of allowed MP mods http://metaltigersa.co.za/ets2mp_mods.html

I don't recall seeing some of those trailers in the vanilla version of the game, like the empty flat bed or the empty car transporter trailer. Are players that havn't downloaded those mods able to see those trailers in multiplayer, or would they see something different?

Also if I install one of those mods, will it change ALL trailers, even other player's, to that trailer type? As that sounds like it'd remove alot of variation.

3D3cmCR.png

Hey guys,

Regarding this mod link of allowed MP mods http://metaltigersa.co.za/ets2mp_mods.html

I don't recall seeing some of those trailers in the vanilla version of the game, like the empty flat bed or the empty car transporter trailer. Are players that havn't downloaded those mods able to see those trailers in multiplayer, or would they see something different?

Also if I install one of those mods, will it change ALL trailers, even other player's, to that trailer type? As that sounds like it'd remove alot of variation.

Other people will see those trailers. I don't use them because I like the variety. Plus going onto SP, activating the mod, closing the program, opening the MP, loading all that crap again etc. is too much hassle for me personally. By the looks of it, all of the trailer mods on that page change all the trailers in the game to whatever mod you use from that list. 

nz3d07.jpg

Hey guys,

Firstly, these mods aren't technically used in multiplayer. You have to enable them in singleplayer, in example if you used a trailer mod you go and grab the trailer and when you switch over to multiplayer the mod automatically switches itself off, but you still have the trailer.

Secondly, the reason you haven't seen some of these trailers in singleplayer is because they are deep in the game's files, but for some reasons never appear on the job market. This mod makes them available to you.

About the empty ones, those are the normal trailers but with removed cargo. The cargo and trailer are different files so what the mod's basically done is remove the cargo file.

Secondly, the reason you haven't seen some of these trailers in singleplayer is because they are deep in the game's files, but for some reasons never appear on the job market. This mod makes them available to you.

About the empty ones, those are the normal trailers but with removed cargo. The cargo and trailer are different files so what the mod's basically done is remove the cargo file.

It would be nice to see them put into full rotation with the other vanilla trailers to give us even more variety but thats up to the devs not me :(

Great, thanks for your answers, all!

It sounds like abit of a hassle indeed, but it may be worth it has I really don't enjoy hauling tractors etc, though there's usually enough jobs available to avoid doing that anyway I guess.

But yeah they really should add them all to active rotation, surely there can't be too much work involved to achieve that? :o

3D3cmCR.png

It sounds like abit of a hassle indeed, but it may be worth it has I really don't enjoy hauling tractors etc, though there's usually enough jobs available to avoid doing that anyway I guess.

But yeah they really should add them all to active rotation, surely there can't be too much work involved to achieve that? :o

A bit of a hassle yes, but for the people that are bored of vanilla or the people who want to drive the same trailers in a convoy, it's a little effort.

Can be set on rotation on ETS2MP with the trailers on there on, but ETS2MP team will need to bring it in from there side (same like snow mod).

A bit of a hassle yes, but for the people that are bored of vanilla or the people who want to drive the same trailers in a convoy, it's a little effort.

Can be set on rotation on ETS2MP with the trailers on there on, but ETS2MP team will need to bring it in from there side (same like snow mod).

well fingers crossed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived