Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Keyboard activated in chat

tcBorek2002

Question

Hello,

I'm having this problem since a while. When I type in the chat my keyboard is still activated. So if you want to write a M you go into the map menu when writing in the chat.

Example video:

In the video you can see that when I write G my game goes into the garage menu and when I press numbers it goes to different camera angles.

I have completely reinstalled truckersmp and set the settings to default. Is there anyone that can help me?

Borek

7 answers to this question

I would say that is kinda normal cause there are moments where you can still drive and chat but for you to chat and it pick up all letters and not pick up that your in chat seems like a small bug 

3 hours ago, (Owner) - (Ray) FT (001) said:

I would say that is kinda normal cause there are moments where you can still drive and chat but for you to chat and it pick up all letters and not pick up that your in chat seems like a small bug 

I'm not sure what you mean but I don't think this a minor bug. When I go to a menu (example G or R) I can't type anymore. So to write a normal sentence it takes a lot of time and frustation.

3 hours ago, MushroomLTU said:

Do you use any software that uses your keyboard keys globally, for example Foobar? They may be causing issues, try turning them off or uninstalling.

I am using logitech gaming software for macro keys. I don't use other software that only focuses on my keyboard. I do use overwolf but it shouldn't be a problem because a lot of my friends are using it with truckersmp without problems.

8 hours ago, LCodGaming X said:

Press ESC And Go Change Your (Buttons And Controls) . The G Button Is Probably Assigned To 2 Roles Being The Chat And Map Or Garage Button. Change One Of Them

I don't think  you know what I mean. I don't want to reassign my buttons. The problem is that my buttons are still activated when writing in the chat.