Why do you dislike European trucks?

ThatOvertakenPokeman

I've been looking around youtube and poking around forums lately and i see a lot of americans who say that european trucks are bad. (case in point: https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/why-do-so-many-americans-hate-european-trucks.146679/ )

why do you some guys dislike european trucks IRL? (well, some of you at least) 

Hello @Pokeman

I am from Asia and i still like European trucks. I guess Americans doesn't hate the European trucks but they like it abit less as compared to American trucks. That case may be because of personal views. Everyone has a different view of seeing things. I do have one you have another and the next guy has some other. 

Conclusion : Every trucks / companies are good and best in their own. If they weren't, it wouldn't exist. 

Lol, of what I've seen and as of what I've heard from native americans is that they are more keen on big rigs, european trucks are no anywhere close to forms and shapes of big rigs, so in fact american trucking culture is way more different compared to european, probably that's why most likely americans stick up to their kind of trucks and dislike european style of trucking. : )

^

fair point

On 11/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, DrEGZo said:

I also like the American trucks more because a truck stands for power, and bigger truck = more power.

An American truck is like a beast.

But that doesn’t mean that I hate European trucks.

bigger truck = more power? scania r730 can be small. but i feel that it has more power than kenworth or peterbilt

The way I understand from youtube videos, they think cab-overs are less safe in head on crashes, beside that American rig is better hybrid between a house and a vehicle therefor they can cook inside and have a dog with them, meanwhile cooking in European cab-over is almost impossible, maybe a coffee and that's it. About dogs, there is no way a dog would jump almost 2 meters in the air to get in a truck... I am European and i'd prefer to drive American truck IRL, in fact i was thinking how would it be possible to import American truck to Europe, it is possible but then you need shorter trailer so you earn less... There are a few Kenworths and Pets around Europe and it's just amazing to see them rolling on the motorway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived