fatigue timer ratio 1 to 1

Suggestion Name: Fatigue timer ratio set to a 1 to 1 ratio

Suggestion Description: Have the fatigue timer run at a 1 to 1 ratio. 

I play with several friends, one has a garage in tucsan, another in elko, and mine is in Bakersfield.

We convoy a lot, but, when we log back in after saving and exiting, we have no job market economy.

The current ways to reset are:

1) Teleport to an owned garage, which we each only have 1, so that wouldn't work.

2) Force the economy to reset via the .ini, which puts you back at your garage which again we have only 1.

3) Rest at a rest area. Resting works only 3 times then you can't rest again. The reason you can't rest is the next rest stop timer doesn't run. I am aware that the fatigue simulation is part of ETS2/ATS, and when in SP they run,

but in mp the timer sits at 10hr(ETS2) / 14hr(ATS).

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: The reason I am suggesting this is for when playing with friends who have garages in different cities who are at a location (ie. elko) they can rest to get the job economy to repopulate. I am aware you can force a reset of the economy with the .ini edit but that puts you back at your home garage, and if your friends don't have a garage there it takes a lot of time to get to the mutual location to join up with them.

as for resting, currently with the fatigue timer not running you can only rest 3 times and then cant rest again. with a 1 to 1 ratio you will be able to rest after a trip.

Edited by MettleMeat
edited a little for clearer suggestion details

1 hour ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

I play with several friends, one has a garage in tucsan, another in elko, and mine is in Bakersfield. we convoy a lot, but, when we log back in after saving and exiting, we have no job market economy. the current ways to reset are, 1) teleport to an owned garage, which we each only have 1, so that wouldn't work. 2) force the economy to reset via the .ini, which puts you back at your garage which again we have only 1. or 3) rest at a rest area. resting works only 3 times then you cant rest again. the reason you cant rest is the next rest stop timer doesn't run. I am aware that the fatigue simulation is part of ets2/ats, and when in sp they run, but in mp the timer sits at 10hr(ets2)/14hr(ats).

you can also drive a bit out and teleport back into the service station that can also reset your economy so you get jobs

Edited by MettleMeat

@Times_Zero

You don’t need to crash to use F7, you can use F7 whenever and wherever you want- eliminating the need for repair costs so you only pay for F7 ;)

As for the suggestion tho, I do agree that a more simpler method of resetting economy should be made without teleporting or F7 so that people with a realistic ETS2 profile can still have one so they don’t have to use F7 all the time.

(Wouldn’t bother me, I have a cheated profile with a lot of money :P)

Edited by heyhococo
Autocorrect failed me today...

I play both ATS and ETS2. and can still do runs using the WOTr contracts, which in ATS I'm now up to 50+ and have around 20 or so for ETS2 so that isn't an issue. and the jobs are still in the cities, its just you cant see what there is to haul unless if you drive to the sites and see if there is one you want. in ETS2 its not to bad since in there everyone that I play with has a garage in the same city

On 10/11/2017 at 7:04 AM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

I play both ATS and ETS2. and can still do runs using the WOTr contracts, which in ATS I'm now up to 50+ and have around 20 or so for ETS2 so that isn't an issue. and the jobs are still in the cities, its just you cant see what there is to haul unless if you drive to the sites and see if there is one you want. in ETS2 its not to bad since in there everyone that I play with has a garage in the same city

The simple thing I do is, if no jobs show on the market but do in the city, I just F7-Enter to the nearest service station,that automatically forces the time forward which will reset the market, or you can simply drive out of town a little, pull over and teleport back into town. 

The best east thing to do with friends is to co ordinate garage locations, that way if one of you has an issue and has to force reset their economy, they can still teleport to the nearest city/garage because you all unlock the same ones

On 07/11/2017 at 7:00 AM, Times_Zero said:

I've noticed that too.

The only way i can get the sleep bar to work in MP is me having to crash my truck far from a assistance station. This wastes my money on repair costs and assistance costs.

F7-Enter isn’t just reserved for recovery from accidents, you can use it whenever you like, it may cost a small charge each time but it’s cheaper than intentionally wrecking your truck and having to spend thousands on repair bills.

as I said, in ETS2 the people I do drive with, have garages in the same cities, as for ATS we now (as of 1.28) have garages in the same city. I do know that the call for assistance (f7) can reset the economy, have had that fail to reset it though. 

to bad there isn't a refresh button for the freight market similar to what there is in the WoTr window. I have found that you can travel to a garage in the city you are in, provided that a) there is a garage in said city. and b.) you own said garage. ETS2 being older has more garage locations then ATS.

23 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

as I said, in ETS2 the people I do drive with, have garages in the same cities, as for ATS we now (as of 1.28) have garages in the same city. I do know that the call for assistance (f7) can reset the economy, have had that fail to reset it though. 

to bad there isn't a refresh button for the freight market similar to what there is in the WoTr window. I have found that you can travel to a garage in the city you are in, provided that a) there is a garage in said city. and b.) you own said garage. ETS2 being older has more garage locations then ATS.

The thing is, it’s a bug with SCS more than TMP because the time progression ratio in TMP is much much slower than SCS coded for Singleplayer, the market constantly gets out of sync because the game can’t figure out how you’ve done a job that takes 8hrs normally (which progresses time and the economy) in less than 2hrs, so it either gives you the same jobs or bugs out and doesn’t spawn any new loads. 

And seeing as TMP is an “unofficial mod” SCS are less likely to fix it unless it effects the normal game it’s nothing really to do with them. The only recommendation I can give is if you and your friends don’t mind starting out from the same garage every session, then just leave Force_Economy_Reset as 1 in the ini, that’ll keep refreshing the job market every time you quit the game and rejoin, which is fine as long as you don’t have a server crash or get disconnected because it will reset and cancel all current loads. But it’s the most consistent way to keep the job market refreshed.

Alsofor the record, it isn’t as easy as the WoT jobs, they’re web based and don’t effect the game files until you login, whereas resetting the economy effects every part of the game from time to current load to current position, so to just put a big reset button and call it a fix won’t really work, it’ll have to be an SCS recode to allow the economy to be reset without effecting time of day and location which effects current loads. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...