Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New Player - Am I missing something? first mission many hours late

T3trahydr0

Question

Hello,

I'm pretty new to ETS/ATS and TruckersMP. Just purchased the games yesterday and joined truckersmp today.  My first mission in Truckers MP is showing that I am late, it shows I  took about 177000 hours to complete. It was a 515km mission and the hours to complete calculation is very incorrect.

I am wondering if I am missing some sort of setup.  I joined the Europe 1 server and I am in PST time zone USA, even the time zone difference dont make up for the almost two hundred thousand hours I was late on my first mission. Once I accepted the mission I started it right away and was on the road until the mission was completed

Not sure if I should continue playing multiplayer or not because I have not even purchased my first truck yet.  I'm trying to run missions to earn enough to buy a truck without taking out a loan?

Please advise if I am missing something on this multiplayer version of ETS/ATS, thank you.

10 answers to this question

did u open the load in sp then change to mp

If so this is your issue the time in mp is out of sync with sp this is why it says it was late

• Thanks 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind Regards

Dylann

TruckersMP Veteran Driver

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FotorCreated.jpg.ce8a5f04812a1bb79c0233287068beb5.jpg

Hello,

You must have taken the cargo before you joined the server, and because the server time keeps going, the time difference between your singleplayer save time and the mulitplayer time made you late. Next time make sure you are logged into the server and then take a cargo, This won't make you late.

I also recommend playing Singleplayer first so that you get the feel of the game before going into MP :) 

Have a read: 

• Thanks 1

Q9n6SSI.png

Welcome to the forums and the TruckersMP community!

This is an issue caused by taking quick jobs. 

When you take a given job, the game identifies you as being at a given time before you connect into MP.

After the connection occurs, your in-game time will shift forward, thus causing your job to be late.

Furthermore, it will certainly be worthwhile if you buy your own truck to play MP.

You don't even have to use your own profile either, I personally have a dedicated illegitimate profile for TruckersMP, meaning that penalties do not matter.

For further issues, feel free to take a look at a thread containing common issues and solutions and the dedicated sub-forum.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Take a look at the following topic, relating to the same issue as yours:

The reason your job(s) are late is because multiplayer time never stops. To counter this, you should never start a job in single player, and continue it in multiplayer: always pick the job up from multiplayer. Additionally, quick jobs don't really work very well (I assume this is what your using since you haven't got your own truck yet). I suggest downloading a beginner save game, to enable to you pick Freight Market and external contract jobs.

• Thanks 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

thanks for the quick reply.. 

It seems like what you are saying is most likely what happened.  I just quit the game and restarted and my profile is saying I have 4493 days Total Game Time Spent, and 4 hours 19 minutes playing time.

I'm pretty new and I probably overlooked something.  I do not have any mods other than truckersmp installed, and some official DLC from steam.

Now i need to look whether there is a way to reset and sync this somehow.

• Upvote 1

Hei @t3trahydr0,

Are you satisfied with the answers ?
Or do you still have a question ? 

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

52 minutes ago, derpatrick9 said:

Hei @t3trahydr0,

Are you satisfied with the answers ?
Or do you still have a question ? 

Hi,

I ended up loading a previous save from my final  run last night to restore my profile from single player. 

After restoring my first profile, I used the 'beginner saved game profile' link given by Aestrial to create a new profile that I'll use while playing on TruckerMP.  That profile had $150k in it to buy a truck so I could do other missions beside quick start missions.  Then I logged in with  that new profile and bought a truck, then went to a hotel to rest/sleep.  after that I picked up a freight mission, completed it and it seems to be working correctly for that new profile,

thanks to everyone who replied, I now understand that it happened because single player time stops when I stop playing and multiplayer time continues on the server.  I will just keep separate profiles for single and multiplayer to avoid a conflict like this again.

thanks to everyone who replied in this thread, it all helped.

• Like 1