Poll About Driving Behaviour

Marso0

How do you drive?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you stop at traffic lights and/or stop signs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when there is traffic
  2. 2. Do you go over speed limit?

• Yes, even when there is traffic
    • No
    • Only when the road is empty
  3. 3. Do you drive the Calais to Duisburg road/in highly populated cities?

• Yes
    • No, it's to dangerous

Hey @Marso0,

in my eyes, you will not receive proper results when asking that on the forums because the drivers who are here will most likely understand the deeper meaning of a simulator and thus, drive properly. The people who tend to drive recklessly are those who also do not care about the community at all. Of course, I am not implying that every member of the forums is a very good driver, however, mostly the people who use the forums are reasonable drivers with common sense. 

In terms of my own answers, I have to say that I am driving quickly when nobody is around but follow the exact speed limits when traffic is omnipresent. Red traffic lights are usually treated as stop signs unless - once again - there is any other traffic around. Driving on the rural road between the two (probably) most famous cities in the ETS2 MP community is not something I do very often. Only when I am driving with some admins, I tend to go there because I know that I am protected.

Lastly, if everybody who plays the game would actually give an honest answer to that topic, it would probably show some other results than those you will get now. Unfortunately, however, not everybody of the almost two million users has a forum account. <_<

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

^

Don't forget - there are not just ingame trolls, also forum trolls ;)

I didn't vote since none of the possible things you provided does represent 100 percent of my opinion.

It really depends. Sometimes I stop, sometimes I just ignore them. In crowded areas I always mind them, in less crowded areas I give way, but I don't wait for green. When I'm the only one around, it happens often that I totally ignore them. ATS for example has pretty empty roads, I can't remember to have stopped there at any time... But sometimes when I enjoy my current trip, I also stop in deserted regions even there are no other players.

I don't care much about the speed limit. What I want to do is driving save, hence I drive as fast as possible without taking the risk to ram other players. When there's heavy traffic... in case of a traffic jam I would not be about the speed limit (#logic), but when I'm on CD, minding the speed limit is equivalent to blocking the road. I don't drive like an idiot (still carefully), but I normally don't drive faster than the others.

Yes, I go there but not very often. It's mostly a total mess and I'm just there if I'm annoyed of empty areas or I'm too happy, or a friend suggests it and I don't want to be a party pooper.

I usually follow the speed limit an drive max 85kmh. On 2 lane roads I go 85kmh when its safe or the engine is strong enough. In cities I go between 50 and 60.

Red lights and stop signs will be ignored when there is no other traffic. Sometimes I see others too late, ok it can happen. If there are blue dots around me, I will stop, and when they are away, I will go further, cause red light takes much time.

Mostly I avoid C-D and when I have a load around, I go on the highway in the south.

I only don't stop when there's literally no point to stop at the red light (for example, when I have to turn right, at the same time it being the only direction possible to steer because left and straight is all closed up.)

3 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Hey @Marso0,

in my eyes, you will not receive proper results when asking that on the forums because the drivers who are here will most likely understand the deeper meaning of a simulator and thus, drive properly. The people who tend to drive recklessly are those who also do not care about the community at all. Of course, I am not implying that every member of the forums is a very good driver, however, mostly the people who use the forums are reasonable drivers with common sense. 

In terms of my own answers, I have to say that I am driving quickly when nobody is around but follow the exact speed limits when traffic is omnipresent. Red traffic lights are usually treated as stop signs unless - once again - there is any other traffic around. Driving on the rural road between the two (probably) most famous cities in the ETS2 MP community is not something I do very often. Only when I am driving with some admins, I tend to go there because I know that I am protected.

Lastly, if everybody who plays the game would actually give an honest answer to that topic, it would probably show some other results than those you will get now. Unfortunately, however, not everybody of the almost two million users has a forum account. <_<

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

O.O  Then i am not kind of this typ of player.

But if i am driving faster as the speed limit iam driving reckless to the road traffic act.

But then i am not care about the community  ??

It also gives driver which like it a bit more speedy.

But that doesnt says that they are Not Care about other players.

I really don´t like it that you put all reckless driving people into the bad section.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My driving style:

Small roads normally:  90 kmh                   (Also with traffic !)

On Highways normally 110 to 130 kmh    (Also with traffic !)

Red on when there is traffic.

C/D Yes ( i like it busy)

I must admit I do go over the speed limit but only when I am sure no other traffic is around so I won't affect them. Again I will stop at traffic lights etc but only really when there is traffic there, if there is no traffic then I just keep going.

To be honest, i don't really know what you expect from this poll. Currently about 40-45% have stated that they drive within the speed limits and stop at red traffic lights/stop signs, but do you still think that this number really applies to the game itself? I highly doubt that (the reasons are partially mentioned by @Anriandor already). I think the level of driving depends on the server you connect to. On EU 2 for example, you can feel pretty lonely if you follow the traffic laws properly. What's actually funny is the fact that the official game rules say that you have to obey the traffic laws of the specific country you are currently driving in, which of course includes keeping within the speed limits too. So if you are really strict, everyone driving above the speed limits is violating the game rules.

Don't get me wrong though, i have no issue with players driving a bit faster, as long as they are aware of their limitations and don't start to cut corners while flying down the country roads at supersonic speeds - putting the players who are trying to play this game at a proper level into unnecessary risks. At the end of the day i still play TMP because i want to have a relaxing time, driving my truck from A to B while enjoying the beautiful scenery. I am respecting the other drivers around me, no matter if they follow the speed limits or not - i just wish that they do the same thing in return. We are still a pretty big community, and the key for having a good time together is by starting to respect each other. Most of the time this actually works pretty well, but unfortunately there's still too many players around who don't really get this and are acting like kindergarten-children... I think everyone should be able to drive the way they want to, as long as they respect the fellow truckers they meet en route.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

^

Some days on MP I feel like very few takes this game even remotely serious and act like "kindergarten-children" as you said and thats why I thought to make a poll.

What I was curious about in the poll is to see how people here on the forums tend to drive.

I'm definitely aware that there are alot of people that don't ever visit the forums, and I never expected this poll to show the in-game situation (you just have to play for some time and it will be clear), but more show the people that are more dedicated to this community/forums and their prefered driving habits.

/Marso

I feel like a lot of people probably lied about some of this, but what I will say is I think to stop at red lights when no one is around and to do the speed limits on straight roads with no one in sight would be a little silly. I realise obeying all rules is important at all times. However, to call it 'more realistic' to obey all rules is probably also a lie...more likely that it's more realistic not to follow those rules.

It maybe silly, but I see it the same way as using the blinkers when you're switching lanes. If no one is around, what's the point? But, you get used to that and then it's a lot easier to forget using them when there is someone around. So, I use them always. And I stop at red traffic lights almost always (not stop signs, I treat those as "Yield" signs, because with the "radar" we have in the route advisor it's easy to see if someone else is coming or not). I also drive following the speed limits, to me it's a lot more relaxing than speeding and I know that I won't be late for my delivery even if I decide to drive doing 70 km/h max, why should I go over the speed limits? I see so many people driving fast like rockets and a bit later, see those same people crashed on the grass or worse, against others... About the Calais-Duisburg road, I usually try to avoid it, but since no-damage tools are allowed, I don't mind going on it from time to time, just to see how stupidly some people behave, have some fun at those speeders that find my truck+trailer doing 60 Km/h in the German stretch of the road and can't overtake, and almost every time I drive there, report one or two trolls/reckless drivers, seen that it's the only way they may learn a little bit of respect for others.

I always stop for traffic lights and stop signs - I actually get annoyed at those who don't, because they seem to be a big cause of accidents. Usually ETS2 multiplayer has enough players on that you always need to worry about traffic, even if you see none.

I exceed the speed limit on any road that it can be done safely, however I also follow all passing rules and will not pass in an area that there is no passing lane. I don't have a problem following a slower truck at their speed.

I do not avoid driving on any roads regardless of population, I will simply slow down to a point that I feel safe if I am encountering lag.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

1. Do you stop at traffic lights and/or stop signs?
- On EU1: Yes if there is traffic
- On EU2: Also Yes if there is traffic

2. Do you go over speed limit?
- On EU1: No There is a speedlimit mostley drive 90-100 km/h, EU1 is the server were most people drive seriously and drive normal.
- On EU2: Yes if there is traffic the speed is going down but if they road is free then it can be that the gaspedal is going down. But always going down whith speed if traffic is coming in my TAB such as convoys or busy areas you must respect other drivers that are around you.

3. Do you drive the Calais to Duisburg road/in highly populated cities?

- On EU1: Yes, sometimes i take that road and mostley i came out of that road whitout damage.
- On EU2: Yes and No most time we avoid that road, you now 80% of driving on C-D you have damage. Late at the evening we sometimes drive over C-D but it is not so much.

tmplogo.jpg

im a realistic (rp alike) player so yes the traffic rules matter to me i stop on every stop sign and on every read light.. also i stop on give way if i cant overlook the road.. i dont go faster then 85kmh in ets2.

i try and avoid heavy traffic areas like rotterdam, duisburg and the duisburg-calais country road.

i play on eu2 only becouse on eu1 are to less players.

please excuse any and all of my spelling errors.. english isnt my native language im german. :)

sysp-73354.png

1 Do you stop at traffic lights and/or stop signs?

Yes, most of the time. I try look like the one who isn't brain dead on the road, I USUALLY stop at reds/stops during heavy/medium/light traffic, I might not stop most of the time if there is very light or even no traffic. I just like to be the good driver on the road.

2 Do you go over speed limit?

ONLY on the Calais-Duisburg road. For me speeding seems unnecessary as its reckless and dangerous, I'm sometimes forced to go over by tailgating players that flash their high beams and honk, Even while I'm going at or over the speed limit to get me to go dangerously fast and those types of players annoy me and make me very tense. Most of the time I do go over but I slow down for traffic and play it safely and try not to look like someone who has glued their own foot to the gas pedal. 

3 Do you drive the Calais to Duisburg road/in highly populated cities?

All the time, unlike some players I always try to get a load that at least goes down half the Calais-Duisburg road, during long hauls along roads that are barley used, it tends to get dull or boring, with all the other players around it seems to be full of action and life. 

Conclusion: I'm usually the safe driver, the one who lets others pass and overtake without fighting for the road. I will go fast on the C-D road but on most other roads, I stick to the speed limit. I like high population areas, I like the spectrum of players around me, And it's just more fun with others. EU2 will always be the primary server I use, to be with a community is awesome and feels like a giant friendship. This poll could have had more options for those who are the in between.

Otherwise, Thanks!

Here is my response in regards to what I have put in the poll:

1. TruckersMP is a professional-aimed community, therefore I always stop at every single red light. I don't care whether someone is honking or flashing their headlights at a red, I won't give in to what they want. 

2. I always drive the speed limits, even if the speed limit on the motorways is 80km/h (as is the case in many European countries featured in this game) for 1. to minimise the implications on my load if I suffer damage that is caused by trolling, and 2. I like to keep things as close to real-life as possible.

3. I have not, and I never will visit the Calais-Duisburg road during the peak period on EU2, it's an extremely dangerous road and the chances of damage occurring are almost certain. EU1 is the place to be when I drive that road. However, Calais and Duisburg cities in themselves are a totally different matter because certain areas of those cities provide some form of shelter from the wreckage (such as the hotels there). Nevertheless, due to the low FPS that I get from the large overload of players visiting those cities just to use the service station and then turn back to C-D, I rarely get a chance to go to Calais or Duisburg on EU2 (in fact I have only been into those cities a total of four times in almost four months of driving), and in addition those cities also present further complications when taking loads out (especially long trailers) as players are waiting to enter the depots and you have to take the exit out wide if you are turning right. 

Archived