Why do you go to Duisburg-Calais?

Question  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you go to the Duisburg-Calais road?

• Because of the Traffic.
    • Because it's interesting.
    • Because I only have jobs from that road (lolwhatyou'relying)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Once upon a time, the highways connecting Belgium, Germany and Poland were the busiest (and fastest) routes. I enjoyed those days because traffic was properly distributed throughout the map. Today, even with the new Italy DLC, Italy isn't nearly as densely populated as Calais - Duisburg road.

Therefore

ALL my trips have to (somehow) pass thro' C-D, until such a time the distribution will move elsewhere. I LOOOVE overtaking others with my big Scania and 1 tonne trailler

I just drive it as a challenge, to prove myself if i can deal well with the crazy drivers of this road. I like crowded places, but CD road is something i avoid more times than i use. I do many trips from or to Calais, Duisburg or Rotterdam, but i mostly use the Koln-Liege highway or via Amsterdam, which is a longer route but also less stressful.

In off peak times, however, i tend to use CD road much more often.

Anyway, in these days i almost never used CD road, instead i choose to drive to Calais/Duisburg from somewhere else. A route i'm doing a lot last days is Dresden-Calais, it's a rather long route (about 1050 km) but that zone is very familiar to me, as Dresden is my main city and around half of the route goes by the route known as the "alternative C-D road", via Koln, Liege and Lille, so once i reach that highway i feel i'm close to the destination, despite i still have to drive 500 km.

while in MP I haven't been on that road yet. but when there is less then 30 people on the server as is the norm on the US ETS server, I would be shocked if I saw anyone there. and to explain why I play on the US ETS server, I tried playing on EU 3 but constantly get kicked for high average ping with it would spike to over 600ms for a split sec and drop back to 200ms. so I can play reliably on the US server.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived