Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Why do you go to Duisburg-Calais?

Question  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you go to the Duisburg-Calais road?

• Because of the Traffic.
    • Because it's interesting.
    • Because I only have jobs from that road (lolwhatyou'relying)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like if everyone who bangs down and up the C-D route would go out and drive regular jobs, it would make the argument that "I like to see traffic" a moot point. You'd see far more players than you already do.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I go onto the C-D road when it's the off-peak period on EU2 as well as the other servers due to the variety of scenery encountered between each of the sections, from the western section going by the coastline and descending into a hilly valley, followed by lowlands in the middle section and then the forestry and the twisty bends on the eastern part of the road before zooming down into Duisburg on a blind bend.

I used to frequently go down the middle section of C-D road on EU#1 during November and December 2015 (about a year before C-D became a traffic congestion hotspot) on my cross-map trailer runs to the UK and I liked how things were blended together on the entire stretch of road - the traffic was not bad either back then and not much trolling. 

Going down C-D to film idiots on the road is not a good idea as it adds useless traffic to the area (and is also a problem for those taking loads to Calais and Duisburg cities), it is much more interesting to find bad drivers that circulate the rest of the ETS2 map than just one road. 

Well when I started playing mp 3 years ago one of the things that I felt was lacking was...well people lol. I remember driving on the highways for about an 30 - 45 minutes realtime and not one person was insight. For the whole time I played I might have passed maybe 4 persons at max. It was quite lonely so I stopped playing until last year. That was when I had my first encounter with the C-D party hah it was fun to be able to talk with everyone for 45 mins while just moving in bumper to bumper traffic on a friday evening, I found the idea of simulating traffic as hilarious :D. From then on even though I would drive other routes I have to drive C-D at least once during the gameplay...unless I'm in Scandinavia :D 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

I go there 2-3 times per month only if my job takes me there. sadly many people drive there intentional which creates heavy traffic on EU2 which is good for trolls. If people start to drive randomly to any part of the map, the whole map will be better populated which will make driving more fun. There will always be areas with more traffic but it won't be so heavy and will be more pleasant for driving.

I like the scenery as you get on from the Calais side (The sea and the hills) but as you go inland you're just like: ''Well lets see how far I can get before I take damage, and the Duisburg half is pure chaos 99% of the time I go just from boredom of my day, so I can have a laugh or two at people flying about and Skodas trying to lane split, Aha I can play this mod all day.

Because I get reports from there, otherwise I wouldn't even get close to it. I've tried a few times to drive there in the past few months but I can't be afraid of being rammed every 3 seconds, I'd rather drive in nearby areas which are still busy but safer. I tend to drive almost everywhere in the map though.

See here's the thing, I went through a phase of completely avoiding it, and a phase of only doing it when a job decided I had to take the road. Now I avoid those jobs and have gone back to avoiding it as much as possible. Call it a cowards way out but if you're doing a high payout job like medical vaccines from La Rochelle, France, to somewhere in Scandinavia I will still reroute myself further south than I have to go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not so much the traffic that bothers me about going through there. It's the lags causing other trucks to take flight. I'm usually doing relatively okay going through there until that happens. All the sudden like 8 trucks will go flying in the air and you're basically like Elmer Fudd watching an anvil be dropped on your head =D  Thankfully my truck has not yet take flight like that, knock on wood.  

I think outside of lags, part of the issue is all the people leaving the no-collision zones without really paying attention, resulting in their truck's colliders spawning inside of another truck's colliders, perhaps? So maybe if there was a way to just have no collision zones activate around certain cities when more than a certain number of trucks is detected inside of them, it might make the issue better. I'm not sure if that's even possible though. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Archived