Warning Symbols

Oversized trailers (those from the Heavy cargo DLC) come with a beacon on their backsides. Keeping that beacon on, alongside with another beacon on your rooftop should be enough warning and IMO it's a lot more visible than a player's TAG. Of course, there's the problem of the C-D road, where beacons are not allowed, but beacons or TAGS, driving on that road is asking to be crashed into by some of the reckless/bad drivers or trolls, so it would make no difference. On any other roads, that's my usual warning for others when I'm hauling one of the High Power Cargo DLC or Heavy Cargo DLC trailers, the beacon on the back of the trailer and my 2 beacons on the rooftop of my truck. And even with those, I can't avoid been hit by speedfans who can't control their trucks or by impatient idiots who can't wait for a safe stretch of road without incoming traffic to overtake. I don't think new tags will make any difference. And like @Joao Rodrigues said, since TAG visibility is not forced by the rules, you can't say "harder punishment for people ramming a trailer with this or that tag". Ramming is against the rules, admins decide wich is the adequate punishment, no matter if the rammed player had an oversized trailer or if he was driving a car.

By the way, I don't use any tags. Some time ago, I tried putting "REC", "Recording", and even "Recording for reporting". It changed absolutely nothing, people who can't drive kept crashing at high speeds, trolls kept trolling. I decided to remove the tag, thinking "Why warn them? Let them do what they want, they'll know later that I was recording". And seeing so many people with "REC" in their tags and driving like drunk monkeys, I don't really believe that the TAG makes any difference, people with them keep driving as they want, no matter if they have a 3 tons helicopter or the 66 tons locomotive. People around them do the same, no matter if they are close to a 66 tons locomotive or a truck without trailer. Overhauls, the same. I've been overtaken by people with the heaviest trailers and a quick guess made me notice that they'd be going over 140 Km/h. The suggestion would be cool if those "WARNINGS" added an extra feature: If you enable an "OVERHAUL" warning, your speed is automatically limited to 80 Km/h max.:troll:

If the tags were an "independent" feature, I'd disable them in my game, because to me, they're just an annoyance. I removed the "Steam avatars" the moment they were implemented. The names, I want them on screen to know instantly who was the player who rammed my truck :lol:, if every other info over other trucks could be removed, I'd do it. The info I need while driving, I get it through my eyes, truck's mirrors, the Route Advisor GPS and the TAB list.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2017 at 4:47 PM, Times_Zero said:

I'm not technically sure on my opinion, i mean its easy for people to type it in so others understand.

For example, last night i was taking something from Calais to Germany, at one point i passed a truck and a pilot car with their tags saying "Oversize load!"

Another way would be to have 'OVERSIZED LOAD' as your tag, which will warn people!

2 hours ago, Sgt.CameronA said:

Another way would be to have 'OVERSIZED LOAD' as your tag, which will warn people!

Ra1bmpxpsppNC.gif

I'm just gonna leave you with these quotes:

On 13/11/2017 at 11:00 PM, Mika L said:

I'd go neutral with this one as it is NOT that complicated to change your tag.

Sounds like you didn't read the whole suggestion. Sometimes he drives with the tag /!\ OVERSIZE /!\, but then there isn't enough space to add "G27", "REC" or "ITDLC-xx" behind it:

On 15/11/2017 at 3:06 PM, Mika L said:

I strongly doubt that information like used external devices or if a player records his journey are of any helpful use to other traffic participants.

"REC" can result in less people crashing into him, 'cause the intentional rammers don't wan't to get banned. Well, most of them won't. "ITDLC-xx" is used in the giveaway, but I agree that "G27" doesn't really matter. I don't understand why people shows what they're driving with. Just tell in chat if people asks..

KjhfSmo.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...