MicroPayMents SCS

[GER] 015IronTiger015

Hey Guys i diddnt found another a Topic about this  topic.

Everybody is talking about the New Italia Dlc or the Special Transport Dlc.

Its all cool that the game gets still developed but and improved but iam saying SCS Software is turning into the wrong direction.

Because of MicroPayMents

Slowly it feels like EA Games

1 Example Last Year we got

Schwarzmüller Dlc (Some People got it for Free i know)  Price: 1,49 (IN SALE) Normal : 2,99

This Year we got

Heavy Cargo Dlc                                                                       Price: 3,34 (IN SALE) Normal : 4,99

And also maybe now the Special Transport Dlc                 Price: unknown

The Same for all the Tuning Packs:

Michelin Tuning PackDaf Tuning Pack , Mighty Griffin Pack

Raven Designs, Cabin Dlc and and and......

I know as an Fan you paying more as guys which dont like it so much.

But why i have to pay so much for every little thing.

Why ScSSoftware cant created for example 1 complete Tuning Pack for all brands in Ets2

so Daf, Iveco, Mercedes Benz, MAN, Renault, Volvo, Scania, and so on.

Also if its costs 20 Euro i would like it more then all this little Dlcs.

And i know it takes time to create types of this Dlcs, but its also kinda unfair for ingame Players : Scania

,got his Tuning Pack last year, Daf this year and whats with Fan from Volvo for Example ?

What you think about my Opinion it would be very interesting to discuss about it.

Against the Map Expansion iam saying nothing because its not the same.

But for Example in Ets1 Spain and Portugal where already included into the Main-game

Unfortunately that is SCS's business model but you must remember that ETS2 is only $19.99 and it frequently goes on sale like it is now for $4.99. I'm not a fan of it either but I can somewhat justify it because how how cheap the game costs initially. 

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I think ETS2 their financial plans are alright for now; yes the paintjobs are a waste of money for me but those are completely optional. The map DLCs are of high quality and are worth my bucks, people buying products (even paintjobs) is revenue which will be put back into our favor in ETS2 or ATS. And, if you buy the DLCs smartly - you can save tons of money (Steam sale, key sites..).

Trucks, so far, have been completely free of charge. Keep that in mind. They could've charged €10+ per truck.

Myself I'm more concerned about ATS;, low playerbase but they want to release a lot of states as a DLC.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

5 hours ago, [GER] 015IronTiger015 said:

Why ScSSoftware cant created for example 1 complete Tuning Pack for all brands in Ets2

so Daf, Iveco, Mercedes Benz, MAN, Renault, Volvo, Scania, and so on.

Also if its costs 20 Euro i would like it more then all this little Dlcs.

All is correct.
Example:
If I need a DLC for MAN,
why should I buy all the others and overpay?
It is convenient to buy 1 necessary DLC for MAN for 2 Euro (conditionally), than because of one DLC for MAN buy a lot of unnecessary DLC for 20 Euros.
Why waste money on the wind?

Google Translate

spacer.png

Given the fact that SCS has given us so much for free, I'm ok with it.

As for the tuning packs not being available to every brand; this may simply be a licensing issue. Possibly SCS may not be allowed to alter the trucks of certain brands in any way.

11 hours ago, Rekoil_ said:

Trucks, so far, have been completely free of charge. Keep that in mind. They could've charged €10+ per truck..

If its going so far that this happens idk if i would continue to play Ets2.

That you have to pay of Main Things which are very important for the game.

About the theme with the Trucks in American Truck Simulator you should discuss with us in this topic :)

6 hours ago, AKuzmin said:

All is correct.
Example:
If I need a DLC for MAN,
why should I buy all the others and overpay?
It is convenient to buy 1 necessary DLC for MAN for 2 Euro (conditionally), than because of one DLC for MAN buy a lot of unnecessary DLC for 20 Euros.
Why waste money on the wind?

Google Translate

Idk if your kind of person which only want a Tuning Pack for 1 Brand.

But when the Mighty Griffin Dlc was released i diddnt want to Pay for IT.

Because i diddnt like Scania thats the reason

But in the video its looks very unrealistic that the truck had no front in it.

I where Media Leader for the Now Closed VTC:  Transpoort Gaming. So this is No Advertising

But idk if its cool that when you got for every Brand 1 Dlc BUT you only paying for 1 brand

I think it looks kinda stupid i think when all other trucks brands looking like this in the video.

You only have to look 10sec

microtransactions killed many games, one of the best examples is Payday 2
i know many people who goes and buys every single DLC from SCS, when i'm asking them "why are you buying those useless dlc's" they are saying "those dlc are cheap anyway + we are supporting SCS"
so basically they are saying "we are supporting  microtransactions" and that is the reason why SCS keep releasing those small and questionable dlc's, people are buying them anyways

15 hours ago, [GER] 015IronTiger015 said:

Idk if your kind of person which only want a Tuning Pack for 1 Brand.

But when the Mighty Griffin Dlc was released i diddnt want to Pay for IT.

Because i diddnt like Scania thats the reason

But in the video its looks very unrealistic that the truck had no front in it.

That's an issue with TruckersMP and being able to play with those that have bought it.  If you play single player none of the trucks will have a missing front end.  No one is forcing you to buy the DLC.  Sure some mods might require them (such as promods) but at no point is that SCS's fault or issue.

Exactly right, I said the same thing myself. This comes all down to money rather than keeping the fans happy, they want to churn out DLC after DLC to make it into a cashcow. They should have finished the base game and put all European maps into it before releasing and then moved on to ATS. They have abandoned the base game, nothing gets improved in it, it's all about bringing new DLC out now and even then it takes them a very long time to bring them out. I don't usually buy other parts until it is on sale but I bet when all DLC is out it will cost near £100 if not more altogether. I agree with your view that it is like EA, that's exactly what it's like, money grabbers.

13 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

That's an issue with TruckersMP and being able to play with those that have bought it.  If you play single player none of the trucks will have a missing front end.  No one is forcing you to buy the DLC.  Sure some mods might require them (such as promods) but at no point is that SCS's fault or issue.

You say it Bro

If iam think about it.

Why on Multiplayer other players cant see the fronts ??

Is there no Way to that you still can see the front if you also dont have the Dlc.

Only that you cant make it on your Truck ?

Stupid question or good question idk.

This is content which SCS has been working on for some time. And to be fair they do put a lot of hard work and effort into the stuff which they create. So they put these small features up to buy because it means supporting SCS and you will be able to customize your truck. Now, if you think of it this way. Think of other games like for example on Xbox you would have to pay £1-£2 Just to have a digital T-shirt with a game  (For instance, Call Of Duty) logo on it for your avatar. Compare that to the decent content which SCS brings out to that t-shirt and you will be amazed. So in my opinion the content which they bring out is quite relatively cheap. Besides, its these packs which make your truck look amazing and who wouldn't want an amazing truck?  

EDIT: As well they are trying to keep these ideas in place. To make us even more excited when it comes. If they just released a pack with every single additions to trucks then it will just be boring and SCS would most likely create less content unless they come up with some ideas. 

Micro payments are very successful in games because they are just that: micro. Many users cant or dont want to spend a larger amont of money (20, 40, 60 usd) in a game or a DLC, but they end spending much more in micro payments. For example, if a single dlc cost 25 usd very few people would buy it (except sales), but split that dlc in 10 dlc with a cost of 5 usd, you will spend 50 usd instead of 25 but you will buy them over a time that wont affect your economy at all, instead of spending all in a single large payment.

For example, I recently bought No Man's Sky with the discount, for a price of 24 usd instead of the original 60. That game does not worth 60 usd at all, but even if it worths it i wont pay 60 usd for a game. However, if i check all my Dota 2 payments it will be surely over 60 usd. But i did that in 2 years, and 60 usd in 2 years is a low amount of money.

This is one of the few games I few comfortable buying 3 or 4 DLC per year for. I have 19 in total for ETS2 and 11 for ATS. The only thing that slightly concerns me is what the business model will be for ATS states after New Mexico, as it seems ATS may end up being much more expensive to get the entire USA than ETS2 will be getting all of Europe. But like I said, only SLIGHTLY worried.... I can't imagine it being as bad as a lot of the more critical people are saying it will be.

Anyway, all the DLC I've bought so far I can honestly say was 100% worth the money and I have no regrets or grievances. Well done SCS. You are not at all like EA. Not yet anyway ;) Keep it that way

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

SCS Software is one of the very few game companies you can be happy to spend few money for. They made  it clear that small dlcs like paintjobs are only used to support bigger (and free) projects, we can complain to SCS about being a bit slow with some things (e.g. double trailers) but you can't really complain about them being greedy. DLCs are cheap, very cheap and they definitely don't stop you from making progress in-game (except map dlc, maybe), so if you don't want to spend money for tuning DLCs or trailers DLCs you can just go on the Steam workshop or in some forums and download some mods.

Someone might come and say: "But mods can't be used in MP" - that's not SCS's problem and neither is our problem, you can't expect a 2012 game to be expanded and developed without any earnings from the job done, employees like to get paid at the end of the month for their work ...

I have no problems with it and no problems with spending money to buy the DLC's. The games are not very expensive in the first place and with the steam sales they get very cheap. I don't think the DLC's are too expensive either. With ETS2 and ATS after you first buy the game there are the regular free updates improving it and adding to the game with no additional costs so with all that in mind I have no issues spending money to buy the DLC's when they are released and support SCS. Its also  nice to have new DLC's coming out every few months rather then waiting a long time for one with everything in it. I got nearly all the DLC's except for 4 :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived