Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

View Steam Profile

Mike Dragon

Suggestion Name: Add to a member's profile a button/link to view their Steam profile.
Suggestion Description: This would be the addition of a link to a ETS2MP member's profile so one can view that person's Steam profile straight from there. Though I understand that some people might not want "uninvited guests" lurking about their Steam profiles, so make it so members can toggle the display of that publicly at their will should definitely be an option in their profile settings. Allow each person to choose whether or not they want their Steam profile to be accessed from their ETS2MP/forums profile so that icon/link only shows if they set it up in the settings. Similarly to how contact options work in most forum boards. (Another option would add it to the forums profile, instead.)

Any example images

LBMqy9Y.png

Why should it be added?: Not a necessity, really. But it could be useful in some way. I am not entirely sure of how useful this could be, though. One use I can think of is that perhaps this could somehow be useful for reports in some way. Many different places have that sort of option so I thought that perhaps it could also be implemented here. Most specifically in that area.

• Upvote 6

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

That is only acceptable as opt-in (i.e. turned off by default), as it invites banned people to stalk their reporters.

"Though I understand that some people might not want "uninvited guests" lurking about their Steam profiles, so make it so members can toggle the display of that publicly at their will should definitely be an option in their profile settings. Allow each person to choose whether or not they want their Steam profile to be accessed from their ETS2MP/forums profile so that icon/link only shows if they set it up in the settings."

:) 

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

@Mike Dragon

I read that part. The OP did not say anything about opt-in or opt-out.

Wait, what are you talking about? I thought I made it clear in my suggestion that being able to manually toggle the feature must be an available option. ô.o

GP53e75.jpg

Wait, what are you talking about? I thought I made it clear in my suggestion that being able to manually toggle the feature must be an available option. ô.o

Yes, but my point is whether it should be on or off for people who don't edit their profiles (the majority). I said it should be off by default. Otherwise, we might see posts like "Person X threatens me on Steam after I reported him on the forums".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.