[SCS Blog] BIG Announcement

SCS Blog

good work

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

On 27/10/2017 at 8:27 PM, antrax737 said:

But right now the only reason we dont have ets3 or ets4 is multiplayer, i wouldnt be playing ets2 if there would be only SP, it gets boring, ai is repetitive humans not so much.

What i want to say, the only reason people still play this game is multiplayer, so if SCS makes a dlc and it doesnt get onto MP, people wont buy so many DLCs and scs will lose money/time on it, I highly doubt SCS would fail like that but what do you know, 3/4 of MP are racers and 3/4 of the rules are there because of racers, so TMP could just say no just because of racers and thats it. I know I can deliever such kind of cargo anywhere racers or no racers. This will be up to TMP, im sure SCS would help them if they'd have a problem with any DLC.

Sry for a long post, working friday afternoon is super boring.

That’s not strictly true. Just general mods have kept the game Alive before TMP existed. That and the constant updating, the constant add ons, the constant publicity through youtubers and through SCS’ own showings at events such as truckfest and the scania young driver event. Without the publicity, people wouldn’t come across the game. Yes TMP plays a part now in keeping the game moving forward, but let’s face it, we all enjoy ETS2 for different reasons and we know if SCS made a remake or another sequel, I.e ETS3, then it’ll be like ATS, it’ll have a small amount of map and take a while to get expanded, even if they do the same as they did with ETS2 where they take the basic map from ETS and just cleaned it up and added to it, it’s taken 4/5 years for the game to get to where it’s at now, that’s probably the reason why SCS is in no rush to make a new ETS, because they can still make adjustments to the current title, they can easily port it over to a new engine at som3 stage, so ETS2 is here for the literal long haul. 

I would disagree with the statement about Multiplayer being the only reason people play this game, I get equal enjoyment out of both sides of the camp and most I play online with feel the same.

Whilst it is nice to drive alongside mates, there is only so much roadside idiocy one can tolerate, the plethora of mods also gives people a huge choice to tailor the SP experience exactly how they want it.

Multiplayer is great but also very vanilla in its playstyle, it would be nice to see the new DLC's on it but it may well cause bedlam on the open roads.

If my wheels aren't turning, I'm not earning.

On 27.10.2017 at 7:20 PM, [ST-LH] Cal said:

Can't see it ever working on multiplayer myself.

i think the same imho. :-/

On 27.10.2017 at 7:25 PM, Mirrland said:

Fingers crossed that there will be a dedicated server or similar, I'd hate to see a DLC neglected from Multiplayer entirely.

a extra "Special or Heavy Cargo" Server (or 2 little server/a 500-1000slots) would be nice and with a little bit better game rules... for example: no cars, speedlimit 90, convoy-trucks limit (10?), ...and much more...

any statement from a game admin here? :)

• Guest locked this topic