Opinions on the Scout Cars

[FR] Vi3411S

(sorry for my bad english GOOGLE TRADUCTION don't help me very well) Why Scout Cars are bad to drive? When I want turn, it it is as if I drive a truck with 6 or 8 wheels, the braking distance is so long that the car could travel the distance of an 8-wheel truck and its 60T trailer. Why the car can't be driveable? When I drive behind a truck and we need to reduce speed, I can't reduce speed faster and make a huge slow-down behind me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@[FR] Vi3411S Hello Welcome to the forum 

• I suggest you use the car with the mouse then the steering is immediately turning

• To stop the car immediately g_brake_intensity 15 you need to write this code  

Good Forums, :)

BombZ

Go to the Options, Gameplay, under Truck Settings find "Braking intensity" and move the slider all to the right, that should make the car's brakes a bit safer (but don't trust them too much, at high speeds the stopping distance will still be larger than with a truck). To open the Console, you need to change the content of a file (it gives more control, but this Brake settings can be done without messing with the console).

A bit different keyboard then I'm used to. Do you have console enabled in config.cfg ? If not .. short tutorial.

In order to access and use the console, you will need to set g_console=1 and g_developer=1 in config.cfg.

The file is usually located at (My) Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg.

Once that is enabled start up the game and press Tilde (~), usually located under escape.

( from http://trucksim.wikia.com/wiki/Console )

When you have done this step, try to hit that small 2 above TAB, if still not working try to hit every single key from small 2 to backspace.

I hope this will work for you.

The cars are drivable but you have got to keep control and drive careful. Just like you do with trucks. If you don’t drive probably with the cars then it is just going to end up crashing.

Cars are not bad. Players just need to spend more time driving carefully in them to get used to handling them better.

Start with the max braking intensity bar in your default game options (Options > Gameplay > Braking Intensity)

Start off with slow speeds: 60-80KM/H is good enough for really good handling.. lower to 40KM/H for bends.

As you get use to it, increase the speed to which you feel comfortable with.. for me the max I'll take it up to is 120KM/H.

You can even lower the brake intensity to a level you feel comfortable with, if you can handle it.

Soon enough, you'll find it really easy even at 120KM/H and/or a lowered brake intensity bar.

I'm not going anymore than 120KM/H because I know it will just screw up the handling for me.

If you think you can increase further go ahead, just don't cause any accidents toward other players out there within the community.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Archived